Washing posser

Zayna

Featured Posts

What's the modern equivalent? When we're away (as we're not liveaboards) I sometimes do a bucket of washing, and I've realised why my mother had one of those copper laundry possers. The water is hot, the washing powder makes my hands sore, so a posser would be brilliant and if I can find one at the right price, I'll be buying one. They're about a tenner plus postage on ebay, but I'm wondering if there is something more modern?

Please don't say washing machine, I won't be having one of those on the boat anytime soon.

Flea markets/tat fairs, around £4 -£5 for a small short handle type, I inherited my larger long handled model from my grandmother more than 60 years ago. Ideal for storing spare toilet rolls. I use a smaller one to hold kitchen roll.

As for an equivalent, don't know, how about one of those suction cup thingies used to unblock sink drains?

HH

What's the modern equivalent? When we're away (as we're not liveaboards) I sometimes do a bucket of washing, and I've realised why my mother had one of those copper laundry possers. The water is hot, the washing powder makes my hands sore, so a posser would be brilliant and if I can find one at the right price, I'll be buying one. They're about a tenner plus postage on ebay, but I'm wondering if there is something more modern?

Please don't say washing machine, I won't be having one of those on the boat anytime soon.

Type in 'simplex washer' into ebay. Will bring up versions of what I have under the kitchen sink and still use occasionally.