* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Going through CCTV, I can see a boat that I am 90% sure is the one in question, being manouevred as the thieving skipper attempts to find the way out. He went the wrong way initially so he does not know the marina layout which is compatible with his having to ask the location of the pontoon. However, he is skilled at handling a boat.

The timing is in keeping with the CRT logging of the licence number at 1130 at Bridge 32 on the T & M (Horninglow) on the same day.

Working back from the time the boat was being cruised out, 9:40am on 11/7/16, I have checked the other cctv and there is no suspicious activity.

I will try to get a better picture of the skipper but I am not sure what the cctv is capable of as the boat was about 200m away from the camera.

Now you know when he stole the boat I presume it gives you an idea of when he entered the marina, any way of checking his means of entry and do you have cctv of the landside marina entry which may give a better image of his fizzog.

Oooh Im sure they are the company who are at Mattys old yard in Coseley. Completely OT.

Now you know when he stole the boat I presume it gives you an idea of when he entered the marina, any way of checking his means of entry and do you have cctv of the landside marina entry which may give a better image of his fizzog.

Oooh Im sure they are the company who are at Mattys old yard in Coseley. Completely OT.

The gate in that cctv picture (top left) is one of the pedestrian entries, so one is covered for sure.

It needs an electronic tag though so he would have to follow somebody in.

Could have been booked to crane the boat out nearby?

Worth checking out, but unlikely I would have thought.

A reputable crane hire company isn't just going to lift a boat out anywhere where the crane can get to the water's edge. They are going to want proper facilities, risk assessments, evidence that relevant permissions have been obtained etc. And Dewsbury & Proud looks to be a big enough concern not to be involved in anything like this.

• Greenie 2

i wonder if a new thread should be made (sticky) for specific information and not general chat on the boat loss as i feel information gets lost in the many pages of this thread? maybe even locked and a Site Mod add the information? so it can quickly be viewed - ie the crane pic , detail of boat, poster, suspect description, important possable sightings?

i have just had a few days away and come back to another 10 pages of posts so got me thinking.

• Greenie 1

A reputable crane hire company isn't just going to lift a boat out anywhere where the crane can get to the water's edge. They are going to want proper facilities, risk assessments, evidence that relevant permissions have been obtained etc. And Dewsbury & Proud looks to be a big enough concern not to be involved in anything like this.

Well yes exactly, which is why I suggested Plod asks the crane firm to check if it was booked out on a job that morning.

If it was out a on a legitimate lift the details of which can be confirmed that's fine. But if it wasn't booked and should have remained in the yard, some close investigation of what it was doing there is in order. And if any of their drivers fits the description of the thief.

Though...a well known company used to crane at the pub in shardlow sometimes. I know, we did it a couple of times.

maybe not but a driver might do a job on the side for cash thinking he is helping a boater in need.

Good suggestion. It would help if it was colour coded to denote verified info and possible / unverified data.

Shows what is known fact and what is supposition

Good suggestion. It would help if it was colour coded to denote verified info and possible / unverified data.

Shows what is known fact and what is supposition

If the crane was booked as a contract lift the crane company do the risk assessment and method statement.

I've booked them this way in the past. Then just stand back until the lift is completed.

Edited by S and K

No knowing this area well, I have just realised that there is a mooring basin and what looks like offside long term moorings by bridge 32. I presume the everyone with a boat there has been interviewed by the police to see if they were there at 11:30am on 11/7/16. I don't know if you can get a crane to the water at bridge 32, but there would be no reason for a crane to be going past Mercia if that was the destination would there.

Also it looks like it is about 1hr 45mins from Mercia Marina to bridge 32, so given the timing he would have only just arrived at bridge 32 at the time that the boat was logged by CRT. So has the CRT checker been interviewed to see if he can remember any activity going on by the boat when he logged it, it would seem that the chances are the guy would have been still there at that time.

Edited by john6767