* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

I dont want to appear thick (easy for me) But if cart spotted it at bridge 32 on the T&M does this not say its going in that direction as opposed to coventry canal way.

But bridge 32 is on the way from Mercia to the Coventry.

Martin, yes it's unlikely - but where have all our other searches and theories got us so far? Everything reasonable and probable has been considered, so I don't see that a less obvious suggestion can do any harm. Chris & Graham still have not got their boat back. No stone unturned, etc.

What boat builder would tarnish their reputation by stealing a boat. I think this subject is not helping things.

Best to concentrate on searching for this bald overall wearing fella.

Just my thoughts!

• Greenie 1

Went to Banbury today, handed a flier to a couple on a working boat, who knew about the Kings Bromley theft but not this one. They are cruising for the next 4 weeks and will keep a look out. Another flier given to a couple who CC and live aboard,did not know about the theft, if they see any boat remotely resembling the stolen one they will ring the number. Fiers given to a share boat owner who is handing over, but will pass on the details to the next share holders. other fliers given out. Where is this boat? They don't travel fast, they are big, it has to be found.

Denise

Over the past couple of days i've been working in the West Midlands area and stopped at every Canal Bridge i've come across. Unlikely to produce anything but though it was worth a try.

Just a thought I know we have the reg plates but they could be a red herring (although may not be) is there any way it could have made it out onto the River Trent or would it have been spotted by CRT too easily?

Just finished walking and leafleting the Erewash from Langley Mill to Bridge 23, including Eastwood and Shipley Locks with no possible boats.

Other observations:

I should have brought a bag to collect towpath rubbish

Some of the berries may be black, but they are not yet sweet

Horsesriders prefer to pass you on the towpath with you on the waterside

I did check to make sure the boat was not hidden behind the vegetation - in the picture the canal is just to the right of the towpath pictured

post-5943-0-66612400-1469822627_thumb.jpg

No, I do not know why the picture has fallen over

Edited by Yank on the Cut
  • Greenie 1

travelled from alvecote to bridge 31 today, i checked in all the marinas as i passed them and looked at any places they could have got a crane but seen nothing out of place so all clear this way.

We'll be travelling, by boat, from Hawkesbury to Hillmorton tomorrow and will continue to look for the boat. I've noticed on the map that there are a couple of arms off the canal in Rugby- one near bridge 48 & the other near bridge 54. Has anyone checked them out already?

We'll be travelling, by boat, from Hawkesbury to Hillmorton tomorrow and will continue to look for the boat. I've noticed on the map that there are a couple of arms off the canal in Rugby- one near bridge 48 & the other near bridge 54. Has anyone checked them out already?

You can see in 48 as I have winded there,54 is Willow Wren, before that is Coventry CC at Bridge 5 but with the number of boaters looking for it I would thought it risky

May I please reply to the speculation regarding the theft of our narrowboat.

I am unsure how this Action we have brought against the builder has come to light, it certainly was not for shoddy workmanship, or for an unpaid debt on our part.

It would have been unfair to both parties to mention it when the boat was reported stolen, and may have prejudiced people's opinions.

Both the Derbyshire and Staffordshire Police together with our Loss Adjusters are dealing with the theft but we are not privy to their lines of enquiries.

I hope this reassures people of the situation.

With grateful thanks to all of those people helping us to find our boat.

Kind regards

Graham and Chris Day

• Greenie 1

We have now arrived back in Willington ready for tomorrow. Many thanks to all for your advice, actions, look outs, computer work, leaflet distibutions, talking to people, cycling for miles, peering suspiciously over fences, detective work, theories, aerial views, gongoozling at locks, and all the other various activities you have been engaged in on our behalf. We are devastated being here homeless without our boat. We would like to sincerely thank you all once again for everything you are doing for us. We have brought our boat keys with us in the slight hope that we will once more be turning the key to enter! Huge hope, probably unrealistic, but hey let's keep hoping!

This might have been suggested already (so please don't shout at me if it has) but is it worth someone creating an online view able table (perhaps only to those in the forum) recording areas already covered?

Don't give up, it's somewhere! Painted lady, the arm off the soar below bishops meadow has until recently been used by c&rt spotter avoiders! One of whom has now given up and got a mooring. It may be him the fishermen were thinking of as he was there for months. That said, it would be a great place to hide. The soar has several little branches off that could give a hidden mooring, as I'm sure most rivers do. Another spot would be the back navigation behind proctors that heads into quorn.

Why not just throw the plates in the canal, they wanted them to be found to mislead that the boat was there and in that direction, the plates are a "red herring"

<yawn>

See post #314

As has been suggested previously, this fella is not the sharpest tool in the box and may also be a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

<yawn>

See post #314

As has been suggested previously, this fella is not the sharpest tool in the box and may also be a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

My fave expression along these lines is "doesn't have both paddles in the water", lol!

I'm just really frustrated that this has happened while we're visiting rellies in Kent so can't take part in the hunt. Otherwise we'd be scouring the canals around Stoke. Poo.

Keep your peckers up Chris & Graham - the momentum is increasing and there's only so many places to hide. For every person that posts on here there's probably another half dozen or more who lurk but don't post - that's been my experience when I've published a journey on here, got hardly any responses online but folk have popped up here there and everywhere on boats, in boatyards and in back gardens shouting that they'd read my thread and were expecting us!

My fingers and toes are crossed.