* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

I have been to staples and have had 60 copy's of the find my boat done in A4 size and will be distributing them tonight in Loughborough and tommorrow on the ashby canal

I have been to staples and have had 60 copy's of the find my boat done in A4 size and will be distributing them tonight in Loughborough and tommorrow on the ashby canal

Wonderful, thanks.

If the boat has been disguised. If you suspect a boat and can get the chance to glance through the windows without being hit by someone! The lounge is at the front and on the port side of the boat is a fireplace which is tiled in the same colours as the boat, maroon too tile, then cream stripe, blue tiles to the flour with woodburner on charcoal tiled hearth. White marble work surfaces in the kitchen and whole boat all fitted out in pine wall panels, cupboards. The front starboard brass recessed mooring eye has been replaced and is shiny, the others are all dull. The stern is a large area with two side seatings. Surfaces brown patterned vinyl. We have distinctive curved rails at the stern. The ignition key and some gauges and rev counter are on the back platform on the port side, facing stern on the side of the seating. The front light oak door has a brass handle on the right hand side. We Hope this helps identify our boat, and not confused you all. Thank you once more!

May I comment and compliment Yank on the Cut for his continued concern and active involvement in this missing boat?

Call me cynical but I don't think many marina managers would get involve to such a degree, most would probably report it to the police then get on with the day to day work of managing the marina.

I'm keeping an eye out for it here in Wiltshire on the K&A. Oddly two boats passed me at about 1.00am in the morning of Tuesday this week, within a couple of minutes of each other. Not traveling in convoy as one was in each direction! The one going west crept past me very furtively and I only noticed it because I was still up and posting rubbish on CWF. Didn't see what it looked like in the dark though and back then, didn't expect any possibility of it being yours but the timescales mean it could have got down here by now.

The one going east was going like a bat out of hell with a noisy old Lister, yet hardly moved my boat so must have been very shallow drafted.

Will keep a careful eye open for yours, with or without the unusual back skirt.

Do we know how many boats are on the system with a back skirt like yours?

I have leaflets ready to hand out at the Audlem festival tomorrow. A lot of boats there hopefully that will be heading off in different directions after the weekend.

Hope your boat is found soon.

We have been on Warwickshire ring going anticlockwise. Went through atherstone and past ashby last weekend. Didnt see it then but maybe it had already had livery change by the. Started at Napton 8 days ago. Now in central Brum. Will be watching out as we continue today back down north stratford to kinsgwood the GU back to Napton.

May I comment and compliment Yank on the Cut for his continued concern and active involvement in this missing boat?

Call me cynical but I don't think many marina managers would get involve to such a degree, most would probably report it to the police then get on with the day to day work of managing the marina.

I'm keeping an eye out for it here in Wiltshire on the K&A. Oddly two boats passed me at about 1.00am in the morning of Tuesday this week, within a couple of minutes of each other. Not traveling in convoy as one was in each direction! The one going west crept past me very furtively and I only noticed it because I was still up and posting rubbish on CWF. Didn't see what it looked like in the dark though and back then, didn't expect any possibility of it being yours but the timescales mean it could have got down here by now.

The one going east was going like a bat out of hell with a noisy old Lister, yet hardly moved my boat so must have been very shallow drafted.

Will keep a careful eye open for yours, with or without the unusual back skirt.

Do we know how many boats are on the system with a back skirt like yours?

Thanks for the kind words, Mike. Much appreciated.

I have asked the builder if they could contact owners with such skirts to find out where the boats are in order to eliminate them but no response.I have been told that there are probably less than 6 boats with that back skirt and stern cabin handrail configuration.

Thanks for the kind words, Mike. Much appreciated.

I have asked the builder if they could contact owners with such skirts to find out where the boats are in order to eliminate them but no response.I have been told that there are probably less than 6 boats with that back skirt and stern cabin handrail configuration.

Well it's good that there are so few.

Odd that only one of the (possibly) six has been spotted so far. With this degree of coverage I'd have thought we'd have found all five of the others by now. This actually illustrates how much of the system has not yet been scanned by members here, I think.

Can we thank you all for all comments, suggestions etc. We cannot illiminate that the other boats you mention may be moored in a marina?

We cannot thank you all enough, what a brilliant canal community you are!

And why not yours too?!

In fact this is looking increasingly likely, given no-one is spotting it out on the cut.

Well I'm halfway between Marston junction and the basin in Coventry, no sign yet of boat or anything boat related on the tow path.

If you have not yet passed the Anchor pub at bridge 29, it might be worth having a look behind the pillar of the old bridge at the start of the moorings. When we have moored there, there seems to be a lot of what looks like boaters rubbish dumped there and as it is quite near where the plates were found, he might have dumped other boat stuff behind the pillar. There is a hollow which makes it a good dumping place I reckon for those who don't like disposing of things properly.

haggis

You cynical Mike - never. LOL

He is a great manager who is incredibly supportive and believes wholeheartedly in the community we have at Mercia but also the wider boating community.

its very possible that the licence plates were dumped where they could be found !!! and that the boat is miles away is it not time to widen the search north and south as well as road movements?

We have emailed all marina and yards on The Trent and Mersea, Coventry, Fazely, Oxford and Ashby. with the flier sent from Mercia. Started on Leicestershire Grand Union and my mail is not sending just receiving, outbox loaded with them, think it may be bt, we have problems in this area!

Wow, could you? I am finding it so frustrating! I cannot even send a flier to ourselves, that would be brilliant! Let me know who you have managed to contact i.e. what canals and when my mail is sending I can concentrate on the ones not done. Thank you so very much, good this modern technology, but only when working properly!