Buddhas on widebeams

Lizzy

Featured Posts

A vey random question, but it's been bothering me and I'm sure the hive mind here knows the answer. I am cruising down the GU and there are lots of massive widebeams here. At least every second boat has some type of buddha statue on deck. What's up with that?

A vey random question, but it's been bothering me and I'm sure the hive mind here knows the answer. I am cruising down the GU and there are lots of massive widebeams here. At least every second boat has some type of buddha statue on deck. What's up with that?

Nearly there then?

Bloke where we used to moor had a Buddha on a very early Springer.

Perhaps it is because they are easily and relatively cheaply available large statues?

I have variously had on the front of my boats a yucca plant and a model cat.

But yeah, the fatness angle works for me.

Nearly there then?

Yep in Rickmansworth now.

I really thought that there is an outfitter that puts these on or something. Saw a widebeam reverse under a bridge and get stuck on it. Don't think he had a buddah to help.

Buddha is not a God. I 'm pretty sure he was a real person at one time.

Jesus was a 'real man' (apparently) at one time, but being 'Son of God' surely made him a 'God in waiting'.

A bit like it is a 'rule' that the Royals must always have at least 2 children so their is "an heir and a spare"