Unplanned outage Wed 13/7/16

RichM

Featured Posts

Unfortunately we encountered a server outage in the early hours this morning which subsequently caused a database issue resulting in extended downtime. I have repaired this and we're working with our host to establish the root cause.

Should you spot any problems, please let me know.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Richard

Not only that, but I went on to misread this as a severe outrage!

Perhaps my spectacles need new batteries...

Haha fortunately not smile.png

It transpires it was caused by a server power supply failure. Our monitoring brought this to our attention along with those who kindly posted on our Facebook page. This allowed us to work towards bringing the site back online fairly swiftly considering the time it occurred. In fact, we noticed the issue before our host did which is slightly concerning but it's something we're addressing with them. We respect that this site is funded by our valued donators and without them and all of you as our loyal members, we wouldn't be where we are today. With that in mind, we will do everything we can to prevent a recurrence.