Lister jp3 plumbing

jimbob01

Featured Posts

Hi all, I had a guy look at my jp3 and he said the thermostat bypass for quick warm up should return to the outlet side of the jabsco pump because the impeller will get very hot if it goes on the pump intake.... . Technical advise welcome ?

Bullshit. It should T into the pump inlet with skin tank return, as I suspect it already does.

Note that this bypass is usually the point where a calorifier coil is inserted I.e. thermostat to coil inlet then coil outlet to pump inlet

Edited by by'eck

Bullshit. It should T into the pump inlet with skin tank return, as I suspect it already does.

Note that this bypass is usually the point where a calorifier coil is inserted I.e. thermostat to coil inlet then coil outlet to pump inlet

Yep....what he said!

Cheers

Gareth

So to clarify as I'm pretty simple and not that learned about engines (I know some basics) : is it ok that the jabsco water pump gets hot?

Is it the water or the pump that gets hot?

Richard

This one?: http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/6400_7420_43000-0011.pdf

TEMPERATuRES

Neoprene: 45°-180° F (7°-82° C)

Nitrile: 50°-180° F (10°-82° C)

Natural Rubber: 33°-120° F (0.6°-49° C)

The 'standard' impeller seems to be Neoprene, so up to 82° C will be OK. That's pretty hot

Richard

Thanks for your time Richard, I was just concerned I'd plumbed something in wrong, it's the first time Ive plumbed in one of these engines and I've only run it for a few hours, the hottest I've seen so far is 65 deg which doesn't open the thermostat and so doesn't yet fully go round the skin tank... I intend a trip out shortly and I'm on the tidal Thames so didn't fancy burning out an impeller straight away! Thanks jim

Hi all, I had a guy look at my jp3 and he said the thermostat bypass for quick warm up should return to the outlet side of the jabsco pump because the impeller will get very hot if it goes on the pump intake.... . Technical advise welcome ?

If the bypass returns to the outlet side of the pump what would actually circulate water around the bypass?