Wendover Arm draft

Supertramp

Featured Posts

2' 4" should not be an issue, but.....

The navigable part of the Wendover Arm is of course the same pound as Tring Summit, and I have noticed a very definite tenancy for CRT to operate Tring Summit over a wide range of possible levels, and it is often many inches down on where it might be.

I suggest that if you try and go down the Arm when the summit is low, then even with a shallow draughted boat like yours, you may find it sticky in parts.

On the long bend past the flour mill buildings, not only do you want to pay heed to warnings about underwater obstructions on the flour mill side, you should also avoid getting too close to the tow-path as well. Stay well clear of it at that point.

It's a pity that the Wendover festival came to an end on the Wendover site field. The Wendover was one of my favourite places for a period of time boating. I hope the group who were responsible for the festival are still active on another site.

It's a pity that the Wendover festival came to an end on the Wendover site field. The Wendover was one of my favourite places for a period of time boating. I hope the group who were responsible for the festival are still active on another site.

Yes fond memories gained over many years.

Sadly the Wendover Arm Trust lost the use of the field and were unable generate the same interest at an event held at Hemel.

They still have open days to generate funds, it i well worth leaving the boat at the end and exploring the Arm to view work to date - it's impressive.

In any event the Arm is worth a visit -Mr.Finchers advice is worth heeding.

The Trust has a useful website and donations are always welcome......

Yes fond memories gained over many years.

smile.png

Sadly the Wendover Arm Trust lost the use of the field and were unable generate the same interest at an event held at Hemel.

They still have open days to generate funds, it i well worth leaving the boat at the end and exploring the Arm to view work to date - it's impressive.

In any event the Arm is worth a visit -Mr.Finchers advice is worth heeding.

The Trust has a useful website and donations are always welcome......

Thank you. Had heard rumours of the Hemel site being used as an alternative. Sorry for them that it didn't work out. I seem to remember that at the end of the Wendover Arm there was a keep for building materials. I have walked beyond and viewed some of the construction, but no doubt it has progressed since then.

Edited by Higgs

Happy days

I remember one festival the boaters managed to drink there way through the beer ordered for the festival weekend on the Friday night - resulting in frantic supplies being sought from Tring brewery for when the festival opened to the public on Saturday. Or at least I think that's what happened my memory from those weekends is a bit hazy.

There was always a wide old launch ( normally at Fenny) moored on the bend where you winded just if you were 60' which always added to the excitement as did picking up a tyre round the prop when leaving which took 2 of us 3 hours to cut off.

Happy days

I remember one festival the boaters managed to drink there way through the beer ordered for the festival weekend on the Friday night - resulting in frantic supplies being sought from Tring brewery for when the festival opened to the public on Saturday. Or at least I think that's what happened my memory from those weekends is a bit hazy.

Well it was a long way to go to get it