Satellite TV how come I can only get Sky News but not BBC or ITV?

swift1894

Featured Posts

Has it been "updated" recently as they do change the frequencies regularly ( once or twice a year) that the channels broadcast on..

When you say "updated" I'm assuming you mean re-tuned. Are you on a "Sky" box or is it a freesat box? If its freesat and you are pointed in the correct direction you should certainly get ITV1. Dunno about SKY as I don't have it but would assume its available on there as well.

Are you lined up on the correct satellite

Yes

Has it been "updated" recently as they do change the frequencies regularly ( once or twice a year) that the channels broadcast on..

I've re tuned via the FreeSat box and "fiddled" with the dish again and managed to get ITV at last. Yippee!

Perhaps in pedant mode -

There is not one Astra 2 satellite but several - A to F.

Astra 2A used to be at 19.2 degrees but has been moved nearer to the others at 28.2 (how the *** do they do that??)

I wonder - if you can only get BBC1 - that you are pointing at the wrong group, or that your declination is not quite right and the BBC signal is stronger that any other?? (I'm not aware that - unlike any terrestrial signal - there is any difference in signal strength on satellite transmissions0.

I know - when positioning my dish - that I get two signals quite close to each other, one 'works' and the other doesn't....