Need some Hexagrip Marine Plywood?

Greylady2

Featured Posts

It might help if you tell people where you are and how much you want, but a quick google shows it is available here -

http://birminghamtimber.com/AntislipPlywood.html

Sorry yes I should said cheshire area, thanks for the link unfortunately they only deliver to a house with 30 miles of Birmingham.

I've just found this stuff

https://www.drainagesuperstore.co.uk/product/buffalo-board-mesh-plywood-2440mm-x-1220mm-x-18mm.html?gclid=CPTlwuOoz80CFdiZGwodnFQKCg

Hopefully this will do the job if I resin the edges. ?

Edited by Greylady2

I find Hexagrip impossible to buy down south, but in my searching established it is a trade name.

The generic name for Hexagrip type material is "phenolic plywood". Thry searching for that instead, you might find more stockists locally.

Phenolic ply has a different pattern stamped into its surface from the classic hexagon design on Hexagrip, but its the same thing otherwise.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

You may also find that hire fleets or boat builders keep it in stock and will sell it to you cut to size. Probably more expensive then buying from a timber merchant but if you do not need a full sheet may cost less money. Also see if any trailer or commercial vehicle repairers have off cuts.

Buffalo board is not as good a Hexagrip. I know, I just know.

Good heads up Nightwatch I was thinking it looked a bit nobbly and a swine to clean.

My dad's going to fortimber and is going to ask them if they can cut to size.

Thing is its a newish boat but one corner is goosed.

Not a big issue in reality. :-)

Edited by Greylady2

Good heads up Nightwatch I was thinking it looked a bit nobbly and a swine to clean.

My dad's going to fortimber and is going to ask them if they can cut to size.

Thing is its a newish boat but one corner is goosed.

Not a big issue in reality. :-)

Just done a search with Google and it came up with this http://www.one-stop-diy.co.uk/Scripts/phenolic-plywood.html

By chance, I have 2 unused sheets of this stuff. There's two variations, one is the genuine stuff approx £50/sheet, and the other is a chinese copy at about £36/sheet. I bought the cheaper but wished I'd bought the real thing. The difference is in the quality of the plywood abd its moisture resistance. It would make sense on either, to immediately treat any cut edges with something waterproof like varnish.

I bought mine from huws gray (Google it) and they deliver.

By chance, I have 2 unused sheets of this stuff. There's two variations, one is the genuine stuff approx £50/sheet, and the other is a chinese copy at about £36/sheet. I bought the cheaper but wished I'd bought the real thing. The difference is in the quality of the plywood abd its moisture resistance. It would make sense on either, to immediately treat any cut edges with something waterproof like varnish.

I bought mine from huws gray (Google it) and they deliver.

We've sorted it Paul but cheers all the same, good advice on the edge treatment I am going to mask and 2pack epoxy resin the edges

Quite scary really even though ours seemed mildly soft on one edge when I cut a triangle out it was absolutely rotten on a 2014 boat.

I would not like to fall 2ft into a running engine whilst steering.

Edited by Greylady2