Facilities at Trevor, Llangollen canal.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

For future reference, there's an Elsan disposal in the public toilet in the car-park. There's also CRT refuse bins in the Anglo-Welsh yard. Our Nicholsons marks neither. It also omits the entire Ellesmere sani-station.

MP.

• Greenie 1

For future reference, there's an Elsan disposal in the public toilet in the car-park. There's also CRT refuse bins in the Anglo-Welsh yard. Our Nicholsons marks neither. It also omits the entire Ellesmere sani-station.

MP.

The Elsan must be new, in extremis the bogs themselves were used and Anglo Welsh tend to hide the fact they are CRT bins

The Elsan must be new, in extremis the bogs themselves were used and Anglo Welsh tend to hide the fact they are CRT bins

Elsan is puka, with a sign an everything.

MP.

And you can go straight through their yard to find some CRT moorings - at least you could do last time we were there.

Indeed, that's where we are tonight, moored in the sunshine. Very nice it is too.

MP..

We always use the CRT bins in the Anglo Welsh yard for our rubbish when we stop at Trevor. Just moor up opposite the boatyard and walk over the footbridge.

We were only there 2 weeks ago but never knew about the elsan point. Thanks for the info as will be going back in July.

Steve

• 2 months later...

And if you go right to the end there is this rather idyllic little mooring.....

pMB4YSg.jpg

Blimey you must have a hovercraft!.....unless they have dredged them.

Note you can also moor opposite Anglo Welsh unless it's Friday/Saturday. They do try and take over tho with 4 day boats plus the hire fleet....I moor there to prove a point.

• Greenie 1

Note you can also moor opposite Anglo Welsh unless it's Friday/Saturday. They do try and take over tho with 4 day boats plus the hire fleet....I moor there to prove a point.

Quite right too!

It has been dredged - I was directed up there by the trip boat helmsman with assurances to that effect.

It has been dredged - I was directed up there by the trip boat helmsman with assurances to that effect.

That's good...when I ran the trip boat about 17 years ago you couldnt get far into that arm at all...and when I was back up there last week I didn't even bother trying. Perhaps I should have!

Cheers

Gareth