NB Albert

Boaty Jo

Featured Posts

Hi

Just seen this posted on Facebook.

Hi Folks.if anyone know the owner of a nb called Albert that is moored by the pub steps at Congleton. (By the road bridge) its seriously listing.

I don't want to go as far as saying 'don't worry about it', but it has been there 'seriosly listing' since Christmas time. It's had various patrol notices on it etc but I've never seen anyone with it. I'm guessing it is abandoned.

A bit off topic but related.

What is the form with seemingly 'abandoned' boats.

I have a couple or four in mind that are probably money pits but have something about them that I like. They ether sit on the botton or have silly lists but they have class.

It's not like marine salvage, as in by being taken in tow you owe? Who to conact to confirm nobody wants 'it' so one could legaly bring on a pump and remove an obstruction with a view to restoring the boats dignity.

That said for all I know the boats may be much loved and the owner has fallen on hard times/ ill lealth so how could one trace them and offer help?