wide beam southern cruisers

fergyguy

Featured Posts

Hey I'm sticking to northern waters I reckon coz us northerners are made of stern stuff and abuse is water off a ducks back lol and if anyone gives us a hard time we will just block the locks hey hey.....I'm sure it's not all gloom out there and I have taken onboard a lot of the comments (and put a few in the take no notice file) at the end of the day it's each to his own and what ever floats your boat pardon the pun ...just because I don't want to live in a 70feet long tube does not mean it's not a fantastic home for those who do...we should all respect each other's choices in life shouldn't we????

couldn't have said it better myself ^^^

To be honest - we have had very little abuse on the water ways, folks seem willing to share their thoughts much more on discussion groups and such than they do face to face

I'm coming to this topic a bit late, but we have just come out from the K and A on our 13'4" x 57' barge and have enjoyed every minute of it ( apart from coming down through County lock, Reading )

We tried to cruise for just a couple of hours each morning then moor up as soon as we found a good spot out of other people's way. I don't believe we have ever upset any other boaters. The profile of the boat's bottom means we can get alongside virtually anywhere a narrowboat can, and the locks are easier to work once you are in them. If I was getting a wide boat to cruise with, I would be going for one 12'6" wide because quite often there might be something stopping one of the lock gates opening fully.

Surprise, surprise, the weather is kinder down here as well!

We are hoping to get to Oxford tomorrow and I now think the Thames probably our favourite river after the Deben in Suffolk.

cheers, David