Fuel Boats On the K&A

Pete & Helen

Featured Posts

There is a fuel/coal etc boat started up around Burghfield to Newbury area. Don't know his contact details but might be worth asking any of the more local resident boaters . Sorry can't help anymore than that , just saw him as we left the k and a .Bunny

Just a thought .... how about Tesco at Reading , if not the shop maybe the petrol station , if it's coal that your looking for . Further up the K and A there is abc at aldermaston Bunny

There is a fuel/coal etc boat started up around Burghfield to Newbury area. Don't know his contact details but might be worth asking any of the more local resident boaters . Sorry can't help anymore than that , just saw him as we left the k and a .Bunny

Just a thought .... how about Tesco at Reading , if not the shop maybe the petrol station , if it's coal that your looking for . Further up the K and A there is abc at aldermaston Bunny

Thanks for those. I'll pass that on. I was thinking that Somewhere like B&Q would be the answer in the short term

You're looking for "Ozzie Fuel Boat" I suspect.

Paul operates the boat between Reading and Pewsey but also has a van which he will use to deliver coal directly to your boat. You'll need to be moored within striking distance of a bridge or road though for that. he was a Newbury recently, heading east.

Text or call Paul on 07503 583523. I'm sure he won't mind me posting his number.

He doesn't just sell coal BTW. Diesel, gas, bog products, kindling, and various other boating consumables.

You're looking for "Ozzie Fuel Boat" I suspect.

Paul operates the boat between Reading and Pewsey but also has a van which he will use to deliver coal directly to your boat. You'll need to be moored within striking distance of a bridge or road though for that. he was a Newbury recently, heading east.

Text or call Paul on 07503 583523. I'm sure he won't mind me posting his number.

He doesn't just sell coal BTW. Diesel, gas, bog products, kindling, and various other boating consumables.

His number has changed temporarily to 07940 927990

Keith

• 3 months later...

Pat at Newbury Marina has very reasonably priced fuel. He's definitely cheaper than the fuel boat currently going up and down the canal and contrary to rumours that are being put about, the fuel is for anyone, not just people who moor their boats at his marina!

It is a calibrated pump so you know you are getting what you pay for, no condensation possible, guaranteed good quality pure diesel.