beautiful photos

tagulablue

Featured Posts

I believe that pics on here come from dropbox. (could be wrong, it's been known). Don't they downsize the file making a quality pic difficult to print for a calender. How would you get the full size file? Put a pic up on here and after choosing get the full file from the owner?

Bob

There used to be a monthly competition on here, with the winner being on the home page for the following month. I won one of the last of these and the site opened with my picture for a couple of years afterwards. Must be my best claim to fame!

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/uploads/gallery/pre2013/gallery_2434_33_51002.jpg

Edited by Billw

I wouldn't want to be the judge. Far too subjective a subject! Also to print at a reasonable size the pictures would need to be decent source material - sorry but most camera phones might have the pixels but they lack the quality of a decent camera. You only need five or six Mps for a decent A4 print, but if the quality isn't there the pictures will look wrong (just look at some of the early ISS pictures, only about one megapixel, but stunning clarity - taken on a Hasslebad). Digital compression has a lot to answer for. (and related to an earlier post - you can put high resolution pictures up on Dropbox and they can be downloaded at the same quality - not the same as some cloud stores).

I do think it is a good idea, and calendars do sell well. But whether there would be sufficient profit in it is a commercial decision; there are an awful lot of 'canally' calendars out there. But I would buy a CWDF one ahead of an IWA one for example, but then I don't buy calendars!

Sorry to sound negative.

Need a hand, how do you attach pictures in replys?

Use the more reply options, then you should get an attach files optio below the reply window. Choose and attach your picture.

Or you may need to use an embed link if using a picture on a site like flickr.

25586813374_dbceeb4383_z.jpgThe Earl of Pembroke by Rob Manning, on Flickr

Edited by Rob-M

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been playing around with an App I've downloaded, and produced this wonderful image that I thought could bump this thread.

The image is forum member 'Furnessvale' steering Halsall up Bosley flight this weekend.

pencil_sketch_1462379667674_zpsagn4e1cg.

I've just been playing around with an App I've downloaded, and produced this wonderful image that I thought could bump this thread.

The image is forum member 'Furnessvale' steering Halsall up Bosley flight this weekend.

pencil_sketch_1462379667674_zpsagn4e1cg.

What is the app that you have used...?