Board Games ?

GreyLady

Featured Posts

Like taking candy from a baby!

All those years playing cards in the mess room certainly paid off! smile.png

George ex nb Alton retired

First taught on my grandads knee, he used to work on the docks in Manchester. I was led astray from an early age.

Edited to add. The grown up version is to play draughts with light and dark coloured drinks (red/white wine, white/dark rum. etc.) as pieces and you drink any pieces you take

Edited by captain birdseye

Inspired by this topic, I made a rare visit up to central London today and bought The Awful Green Things from Outer Space as a present to take for my grandson when I go to Canada next week (£19.99 from the Orcs' Nest). It is of course also partly a present for me because I look forward to many confrontations between the Znutar's crew and the Green Things while I'm there. A measure of the game's popularity is that second hand sets on eBay are about the same price.

My granddaughters have not been forgotten; at Wallington Asda I got cbeebies magazine (unobtainable in Canada I gather), a Frozen jigsaw and (very appropriately) Grandpa Pig's Boat Construction Set. I'm going to be Cool Grandad.

splendid! Hope you enjoy it

We used to play Ocean Trader. Still got it somewhere.

pic81983_md.jpg

• All the risks and rewards of 19th Century World Trade in a totally absorbing board game
  • Ocean Trader recreates the finest and most precarious days of World Trade and brings the excitement of 19th Century Trading Ships to life in a lavish produced board game.
  • This is a family game in the fullest sense, appealing to both young and old, faithfully reproducing the trading routes and cargoes of the great age of Sail.
  • The game for 2 to 6 players each of whom trades around the world buying and selling commodities in an ever changing market.
  • For 2-6 players, aged 9 years and over
Edited by David Mack

Our current favourites are Sequence, Bananagrams and Chrominoes. We play them every day, total addiction. Also Splendour, Patchwork and Ticket to Ride are good board games, though can take a bit longer to play than the first three. And another vote for Backgammon.