Jack Haddock

AMModels

Featured Posts

I am sad to have to pass on the news that Jack Haddock photographic chronicler of Black Country canals has passed away.

Anyone with an interest in Black Country canals in the last 80 years will have come across photos taken by the great Jack Haddock, he was a regular sight with his camera and bicycle recording all manner of scenes from buses to trains and not least canals. I have shared many of his pics in various threads on here and he captured a time now gone forever with a sympathy yet earthiness that came from decades of experience.

post-3500-0-36558700-1459338161_thumb.jpg

One of my personal favourites, my Granddad shafting a joey into Longwood top lock.

RIP Jack and thanks for all the lasting memories.

I only had the pleasure of meeting Jack once at Walsall Local History Centre, a lovely chap very well regarded in the area who has left a wonderful legacy of photos appreciated by so many.

Our local Blog has done a great piece about him: https://brownhillsbob.com/2016/03/30/jack-haddock-1927-2016-walsall-has-lost-a-true-son/

RIP Jack.

• Greenie 1