Trip to London

Lady A

Featured Posts

Planning a trip to London during August in our much loved www.ladyantonia.co.uk . Will leave Reading and spand a couple of days to get down to Teddington. Then down to the Grand Union and around to Paddington / Camden for a few days before continuing to Limehouse and then back up the Thames to Reading.

Questions?

Where might I be able to moor overnight?

What is the security situation.

Where can one get a pump out.

Are there any activities going at that time on the canal that might be of interest.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards

Martin

Planning a trip to London during August in our much loved www.ladyantonia.co.uk . Will leave Reading and spand a couple of days to get down to Teddington. Then down to the Grand Union and around to Paddington / Camden for a few days before continuing to Limehouse and then back up the Thames to Reading.

Questions?

Are there any activities going at that time on the canal that might be of interest.

Regards

Martin

Hi there,

You can moor at Teddington while you are waiting for the tide , no problem . Security is fine.

You can get a pump out at Molesey lock on the way down or on the way back up , you can buy a pump out card from any lock , they cost £6

I spent a pleasant couple of days in Limehouse Basin, the lock keepers are friendly chaps, I am sure they will look after you. It is a very interesting area with restored pubs and restaurants in the riverside wharfs, sit with a pint in your hand and watch the river traffic. Very handy too for the Docklands Light Railway, I took a trip the the Royal Observatory and Maritime Museum at Greenwich.

Questions?

Regards

Martin

We have mooried overnight opposite the St Pancras cruising club, double berthed in Little Venice and a coup0le of years ago in Paddington Basin which was virtually deserted. Not now though!

Pump out (DiY) at the end of Little Venice

Security guard wandering around the junction all night. No problems AFAICT.

It's a lovely trip but the locks on the GU or all wide and consequently heavier to work.

HTH

Nick