Cheap and delicious lemonade.

bizzard

Featured Posts

Concoct a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water, add sugar to taste, delicious. An old WW2 POW wheeze.

Recipe by courtesy of my old uncle Bill, 'battalion marksman Irish guards' who was captured at Dunkirk blowing up allied army trucks during the retreat and marched on foot all the way to a camp in Poland and then dispatched to a pig farm in Austria.

Edited by bizzard

Concoct a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water, add sugar to taste, delicious. An old WW2 POW wheeze.

Recipe by courtesy of my old uncle Bill, 'battalion marksman Irish guards' who was captured at Dunkirk blowing up allied army trucks during the retreat and marched on foot all the way to a camp in Poland and then dispatched to a pig farm in Austria.

Was your uncle Bill working for the Germans?

I don't understand where the 'ade comes from

-ade dictionary.gif word-forming element denoting an action or product of an action, from Latin -ata (source of French -ade, Spanish -ada, Italian -ata), fem. past participle ending used in forming nouns. A living suffix in French, from which many words have come into English (such as lemonade). Latin -atus, past participle suffix of verbs of the 1st conjugation also became -ade in French (Spanish -ado, Italian -ato) and came to be used as a suffix denoting persons or groups participating in an action (such as brigade, desperado).

-ade dictionary.gif word-forming element denoting an action or product of an action, from Latin -ata (source of French -ade, Spanish -ada, Italian -ata), fem. past participle ending used in forming nouns. A living suffix in French, from which many words have come into English (such as lemonade). Latin -atus, past participle suffix of verbs of the 1st conjugation also became -ade in French (Spanish -ado, Italian -ato) and came to be used as a suffix denoting persons or groups participating in an action (such as brigade, desperado).

....."thirst ade"?

Edited by metanoia

• 4 months later...

When I was about 13/14 I used to knock about with another kid named Charles who's family lived in half a Victorian mansion. On those long hot summers of long ago his Mom always had a huge jug of her homemade lemonade (wish I had taken the recipe). It beat the shop bought stuff by miles and didn't cost fourpence a bottle !