Canal Events Calendar 2016

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

2nd - 3rd July - Stratford River Festival

We did it a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, so we are planning to do it again this year.

We took a trip down there last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lion Salt Works - Marston, Northwich

Steam Transport Weekend

Sunday 1 & Monday 2 May

Free, suggested donation £1.50

"Experience a collection of traction and steam engines evoking memories from times past.
Take a walk down memory lane and see how we used steam power to start to build the
modern world we know today"

I heard a rumour there may be a steam powered boats attending but I have no idea if that's true...

Probably not, it's just going to take too long to get her there weekends only. I think we'll need a hotel room.

Sue.

I'm sure you're clued up already, but there's a Holiday Inn basically in the bottom basin of the museum. Not sure on prices, but for convenience you won't get better.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure you're clued up already, but there's a Holiday Inn basically in the bottom basin of the museum. Not sure on prices, but for convenience you won't get better.

Looked at the Holiday Inn, but a bit more than the hotel we'd chosen.

However we now have an even more convenient bed, we bid for and won the back cabin of Hazel for 3 nights, so we are actually staying in the museum basin so that's very convenient.

See you there.

Sue

Great stuff Sue, I tried to find this topic, I did my best but didn't manage whatever I tried, the search function didn't help me out either.

So now I can start dreaming about the planning of a few visits during the season.

Cheers,

Peter.

These are some of the events on the L&LC this year, the 200th anniversary of the canal opening from Leeds to Liverpool. The L&LC Society's heritage boat Kennet is recreating the first voyage in October, and the provisional timings are on a second list below.

gallery_6938_1_183495.jpg

gallery_6938_1_280652.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have hopefully ensured that all events that I had in my listing are now in the CWDF Events Calendar.

I have not however attempted to add ones that anybody suggested subsequent to the last revision of my listing, so can I please ask that anybody who suggested any add their own entry to the CWDF Events calaendar.

(Obviously, to avoid possible confusion of duplicatee ntries it is best to first check that the event you have in mind has not already been added by somebody else)

• 1 year later...

Just had a look at the Stoke Bruerne Friends of the canal page,  about halfway down on the left hand side it states...

FAMILY FESTIVAL
We regret that at present we do not have enough volunteers to be able to stage a Family Festival in June 2017.

• 2 months later...

This is a very useful post, are these festivals on an annual basis, is there any good boat shows or boat festivals on in the south in April, July or September next year, it would be good to plan a hire boat holiday around such an event as I would like to learn more in regards to eventually buying a live aboard.

Cheers Mick

On 05/08/2017 at 06:21, Mick in Bangkok said:

This is a very useful post, are these festivals on an annual basis, is there any good boat shows or boat festivals on in the south in April, July or September next year, it would be good to plan a hire boat holiday around such an event as I would like to learn more in regards to eventually buying a live aboard.

Cheers Mick

The events on page 1 of this thread are generally regular, annual shows, but I guess cannot be guaranteed for next year yet.

As always, they are organised by volunteers and evolve over the Winter.