Deal of the day!

Markinaboat

Featured Posts

looks like a boat that's on the agenda 21 moorings in Oxford

As above really.....I believe there's something unusual about the Agenda 21 moorings, in that they're assigned to the boat - effectively in perpetiuity. Of course, they're all taken, none left, demand exceeds supply so the prices just go up stratospherically, etc

As above really.....I believe there's something unusual about the Agenda 21 moorings, in that they're assigned to the boat - effectively in perpetiuity. Of course, they're all taken, none left, demand exceeds supply so the prices just go up stratospherically, etc

http://www.rar.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Oxford-canal-mooring-rules.pdf

Richard

That's interesting - there is no defined right of transfer - so the cost of the boat (whose price includes an element for its mooring) is really nothing more than "hope value" that the mooring will be transferred. Difficult to value.....

A bit like buying a field without planning permission.....

That's interesting - there is no defined right of transfer - so the cost of the boat (whose price includes an element for its mooring) is really nothing more than "hope value" that the mooring will be transferred. Difficult to value.....

A bit like buying a field without planning permission.....

The advert doesn't say it is on an Agenda 21 mooring, or that it is in Oxford

Richard

I know......I suspect the price includes some type of mooring with the boat, otherwise it doesn't make sense. I don't know if the mooring is transferrable, so few are.

I suspect the same, and there was a similar boat on an agenda 21 mooring in Oxford. I was just warning against getting too apoplectic before we know the facts

Richard

The advert doesn't say it is on an Agenda 21 mooring, or that it is in Oxford

Richard

If you click on a picture a more detailed ad opens up which says:

"A unique and charming 56ft Narrowboat on an unexpectedly peaceful city centre canal mooring. Osun sits adjacent to the river Thames and the leafy grounds of Worcester College."

and

"This is one of the most sought after moorings in the UK, and the boat is sold on the mooring. "

The ad was created on 10th Jul 2015, so it doesn't look like he's had too much interest at that price!

Doesn't mention any details why the high price, and mooring details.

Prices per annum etc.

Reading through the contract the RLWP post

There's no services, yet on the Apollo advert it has it all.

He must know if the mooring is transferable, and if so more detail, if not transferable surely someone's going to be disappointed.

Like many posts on this forum, good photos, and good information, this advert has neither.

Col

Like you say, IF the mooring is as good as guaranteed for years to come, then it could be worth the money to somebody. And I'm sure the price is negotiable, maybe £70k and ask the vendor to take the boat with him?

Edited by Markinaboat

If it says the boat is sold ON the mooring is that the same as being sold With the right to the mooring?

"This is one of the most sought after moorings in the UK, and the boat is sold on the mooring. "

Not until you have it in writing from the owner of the mooring that that is the case. Otherwise "sold on the mooring" simply means that is where the boat is when it is sold.

If you click on a picture a more detailed ad opens up which says:

"A unique and charming 56ft Narrowboat on an unexpectedly peaceful city centre canal mooring. Osun sits adjacent to the river Thames and the leafy grounds of Worcester College."

and

The ad was created on 10th Jul 2015, so it doesn't look like he's had too much interest at that price!

Dial me up to apoplectic!

Richard

This boat is actually moored right in the centre of Oxford in the stub end of the canal beyond Isis Lock alongside Worcester College grounds. It is not on an Agenda 21 mooring (which are further out of the city) but a fully serviced residential mooring complete with services - they even have post boxes! These moorings do appear to be transferable and the price is fairly typical. A 2 up 2 down house in the area costs over £500K!

Not a bad deal.

Paul