Audlem Gathering of Historic Boats 2016

Hastings

Featured Posts

This year's gathering at Audlem on the Shroppie is on Saturday and Sunday 30/31 July. On the Sunday, there's also the Festival of Transport, with about 300 vintage and classic vehicles. There are still places available for historic ex-working boats, though the list is filling up steadily. Please email info@audlemmill.co.uk to reserve a space in this very popular event, which has a maximum of about 40 boats. The attachment provides more information, and a booking form. There's always room for visiting boats, though places cannot be reserved. Please moor between locks 11-12, or below lock 15.

• 3 weeks later...

Have I missed a link or something?

Probably - I thought that I had posted it, but it obviously didn't work. Email info@audlemmill.co.uk and I'll reply with the information

I will be bringing Scorpio and Leo along, hopefully booking has been done for me.

Yes, they are on the list (booked in by David Williams), as are 22 other boats (pretty good, considering there's five months to go).

• 4 months later...

Are you sticking around?

Last year Scorpio & Leo arrived, were locked up and that's how they stayed.

I will be back for the Saturday on the weekend of the event, I won't be staying overnight though. Other volunteers will be there on the Sunday to open up.

I will be back for the Saturday on the weekend of the event, I won't be staying overnight though. Other volunteers will be there on the Sunday to open up.

Hopefully you'll hang around long enough for a beer?

There is a boaters 'do' being organised for the Saturday evening if you fancy it.

Hopefully you'll hang around long enough for a beer?

There is a boaters 'do' being organised for the Saturday evening if you fancy it.

I'll see what I can do, maybe I'll stay overnight and drive home Sunday morning. I'll have to consult the boss.

They have a patrol notice on them for not displaying a licence.

Great, I presume the enforcement officer doesn't realise that they are CRTs boats. We had the same problem at Foxton a couple of years ago.

Great, I presume the enforcement officer doesn't realise that they are CRTs boats. We had the same problem at Foxton a couple of years ago.

He was told as he was putting it on but replied something along the lines of "Rules are Rules" or words to that effect.