Robust debate - Technical discussions.

DHutch

Featured Posts

Electric chair, with no wet sponge under the head clamp connection. closedeyes.gif

OK, as long as it's powered by a PP3 battery and reclining please.

Comfy chair. Definitely the comfy chair

That's a nicer suggestion than an electric chair.

Keel-hauling would be less than they deserve.

I prefer narrowboats because the don't have keels.

dimensionally incorrect.

The conversion factor has dimensions of its own. ie its like converting, for example, fuel remaining (in a car) to endurance (in miles). An example where the conversion is dimensionless might be converting litres to cubic feet; or Celsius to Farenheit.

dimensionally incorrect.

When I recently suggested that we should measure battery capacity in Joules rather than Amp-hour I was firmly told NO.

However this dimensional anomaly (sounds like something out of doctor who...I saw his tardis today in the allotments in Devizes) occurs because to make proper sense of Amp-hours we have to assume a voltage, so once we do this I suspect the dimensions will be correct and the universe will be at one with itself.

If nobody has done the conversion by the end of the month I will do it on leap day!

...............Dave

When I recently suggested that we should measure battery capacity in Joules rather than Amp-hour I was firmly told NO.

However this dimensional anomaly (sounds like something out of doctor who...I saw his tardis today in the allotments in Devizes) occurs because to make proper sense of Amp-hours we have to assume a voltage, so once we do this I suspect the dimensions will be correct and the universe will be at one with itself.

If nobody has done the conversion by the end of the month I will do it on leap day!

...............Dave

I did the conversion but it went unnoticed amongst the other arguing etc.

I did the conversion but it went unnoticed amongst the other arguing etc.

Yeah this happens to me sometimes too, its best not to give sensible and direct answers they just get ignored, saying controversial stuff or just been plain argumentative is the way to get noticed.

I'll do the calculation on leap day but try really hard to get a different answer to you then we can argueclapping.gif

...............Dave

Yeah this happens to me sometimes too, its best not to give sensible and direct answers they just get ignored, saying controversial stuff or just been plain argumentative is the way to get noticed.

I'll do the calculation on leap day but try really hard to get a different answer to you then we can argueclapping.gif

...............Dave

We have a new forum module which automatically identifies controversial posts and tones them down a bit, which should help with the arguments. Its planned to be rolled out on 30th Feb.

Bet it doesn't get properly implemented until the beginning of April

Richard

Oh come, on - it's nowhere near April Fool.....AGES longer for more "debate" before they all cotton on!

Paul C, on 27 Feb 2016 - 7:27 PM, said:snapback.png

We have a new forum module which automatically identifies controversial posts and tones them down a bit, which should help with the arguments. Its planned to be rolled out on 30th Feb.

Edited by metanoia