Featured Posts

Hi,

I am about to start fitting out a widebeam sailaway boat. I need an electrician to connect up the leisure batteries to the alternator and then to a fuse board. Once this is done I am confident to do the rest it is just this stage I am unsure of.

I am struggling to find an electrician who will come to my boat to do this, the boat is currently at Hayes and Harlington and I wonder if anyone knows any good electricians who would be able to come to my boat to do this stage for me?

Kind regards,

Will

Hi,

I am about to start fitting out a widebeam sailaway boat. I need an electrician to connect up the leisure batteries to the alternator and then to a fuse board. Once this is done I am confident to do the rest it is just this stage I am unsure of.

I am struggling to find an electrician who will come to my boat to do this, the boat is currently at Hayes and Harlington and I wonder if anyone knows any good electricians who would be able to come to my boat to do this stage for me?

Kind regards,

Will

If you are happy to do the rest:-

Size the cables,

decide on switchgear,

run them in conduit (whatever),

label them,

connect them to the second above,

Then you've done the Lion's share of the work yourself - UNAIDED

Connecting the alternator to the batteries is also straightforward - OK thicker cable,

running cable (via an isolation switch) to the switchgear is similar to what you have proposed to do yourself is also without complication.

I suspect what has got you in a state (or should be) are the matters of:-

battery monitoring

battery charging

alternator control

and the like.

I am sure there are loads of folks on here who would LOVE to point out the pros and cons of each of the immediate

subjects above, leaving you to do the physical work

Rephrase your needs and prepare for a volume of advice.

• Greenie 1