Best place to buy Trojans?..that is batteries. Not the other trojans.

ROBDEN

Featured Posts

Tayna is where I got mine.

When you get them, check the voltage. They should be at least 12.4-12.5 V.

If they're lower, they have been stored quite a long time and may have sulphated a bit. I believe they can be fixed with a couple of equalisation charges though, since they can stand quite a lot of abuse.

I'd send 'em back if they're down to 12.3 or less.

I might not be totally correct about this, but this is wot I 'erd.

Tayna or Battery Megastore

Tayna are more costly than BMS but claim to have everything in stock and will deliver when they say.

BMS are quite a bit cheaper but are a bit norty with delivery, I think they don't hold much stock but rely on a constant stream of Trojans passing thru (they sell a lot). Expect delivery to be 3 or 4 days later than promised. Tell them you are a CC'er on a short term mooring and ask for an agreed realistic delivery date!

.............Dave

I wouldn't trust Battery Megastore ever again. Bought from them in May.. Complete failure to deliver when they said, and lost me 2 days of my holiday, plus a weekend ****ing about. Useless!!!

Tayna delivered to a boatyard the day after I ordered! If they cost a few quid more, they are worth every penny!

Tayna is where I got mine.

When you get them, check the voltage. They should be at least 12.4-12.5 V.

If they're lower, they have been stored quite a long time and may have sulphated a bit. I believe they can be fixed with a couple of equalisation charges though, since they can stand quite a lot of abuse.

I'd send 'em back if they're down to 12.3 or less.

I might not be totally correct about this, but this is wot I 'erd.

Not totally correct as the T105 is a 6 volt battery

The delivery problems with BMS could be down to delivery type. I ordered 6 thinking they'd be next day, but they were pallet delivery which takes longer, so maybe that's what others experienced?

Not when they tell you at 6pm on Thursday that they are on a truck for delivery tomorrow. Then they confirm at midday Friday that they are on the truck and will be with you by 6pm. Then at 6.30pm the trucking company call you back and tell you there was never any chance of you getting your batteries that day, because they haven't got them. Then they don't arrive all day Monday either!!!

The only thing they did well was to refund my money by Tuesday evening :(

Not when they tell you at 6pm on Thursday that they are on a truck for delivery tomorrow. Then they confirm at midday Friday that they are on the truck and will be with you by 6pm. Then at 6.30pm the trucking company call you back and tell you there was never any chance of you getting your batteries that day, because they haven't got them. Then they don't arrive all day Monday either!!!

The only thing they did well was to refund my money by Tuesday evening sad.png

I bet they actually took two orders that day when they only had one set in stock. The one set went on the lorry but the other customer was the lucky one.

Another vote for Tayna. One thing to note if buying a few batteries is to give them a ring....they can sometimes do deals on carriage if not the batteries....they are very helpful. They also have a high turnover on the Trojans so you should get as fresh as possible for uk stock....bear in mind they are shipped from the US first though.

Even for the Optima sealed agm battery that our car uses they are miles cheaper than anyone else.....and that had to be shipped on its own....ordered midday....came AM next day.

Cheers

Gareth

Tanya are doing 4 x 105 for just under £400 delivered on ebay, I do not know how cheap or low cost this is?

all Trojans come via Manchester and the importer used to sell direct to callers but not at a discount

Platinum Batteries (Europe) Ltd
MASTER DISTRIBUTOR
Platinum House, Bailey Road, Trafford Park
Manchester, M17 1SA
United Kingdom
Telephone: +44-0845-063-9999
Email: info@platinumbatteries.co.uk
Web Site: www.platinumbatteries.co.uk

Ray

Tanya are doing 4 x 105 for just under £400 delivered on ebay, I do not know how cheap or low cost this is?

all Trojans come via Manchester and the importer used to sell direct to callers but not at a discount

Platinum Batteries (Europe) Ltd

MASTER DISTRIBUTOR

Platinum House, Bailey Road, Trafford Park

Manchester, M17 1SA

United Kingdom

Telephone: +44-0845-063-9999

Email: info@platinumbatteries.co.uk

Web Site: www.platinumbatteries.co.uk

Ray

Yup, I just saw that, just under £100 each with free delivery is a good price, get em quick!

................Dave

Got mine from Tayna in June for £400 delivered, so it doesn't seem to be a short lived deal.

Thats interesting. I got a set early last year, maybe March, and BatMegaStore quoted £400 with free delivery, I phoned Tayna to see if they could match that price and they could not get close.

I got my previous set about three year before that, again from BMS, and then I paid £400.01 with free delivery. Never understood what that penny was about.

..............Dave

Thats interesting. I got a set early last year, maybe March, and BatMegaStore quoted £400 with free delivery, I phoned Tayna to see if they could match that price and they could not get close.

I got my previous set about three year before that, again from BMS, and then I paid £400.01 with free delivery. Never understood what that penny was about.

..............Dave

Since they are American, presumably the price to the supplier will depend on the exchange rate in force at the time they get a delivery, resulting in some price fluctuation.

I bet they actually took two orders that day when they only had one set in stock. The one set went on the lorry but the other customer was the lucky one.

Hard to believe that a big battery company like Battery Megastore only had 4 x Trojan T105s left on a Thursday in May - obviously possible, ....... but likely??

Hard to believe that a big battery company like Battery Megastore only had 4 x Trojan T105s left on a Thursday in May - obviously possible, ....... but likely??

Most of the time the retailer never sees the batteries they are sent direct from the distributor to the customer

Ray

I think Amazon do them and you can get them direct from the manufacture. I was sent one as we advertised their products on the radio station.

http://www.amazon.com/s/node=13278866011/ref=s9_acss_bw_hsb_reftag12_s4_s?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=hpc&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=1B6SMVBPZTN7XCNH0KZH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2255095522&pf_rd_i=3777371

Or you can get them direct.

They are great for getting rid of old paint if you attach a chisel.

Bob

I believe they sell a lot of Trojans, like lots and lots every day, so maybe they don't really have stock, I suspect they just take them off the delivery lorry straight into the back of the delivery van and sometimes it does not quite match up.

...............Dave

Most of the time the retailer never sees the batteries they are sent direct from the distributor to the customer

Ray

pretty sure that Tayna and Battery Megastore deliver from their own stock but, if not, it's hard to believe that the distributor didnt have enough to accommodate my order.

Hold on a minute there! Are you talking about the same boat, making their life about 3 years?

Yes, but I would not worry to much. We are full time off grid liveaboards/workaboards so the batteries work very hard. It was actually 3 -1/2 years so thats roughly 1200 cycles, some quite shallow and some down to well below 40%, so 1200 is probably about right. Previously we never got more than a year out of standard leisure batteries.

It was actually a single failed cell that was the problem so I got 4 new ones and kept the two best old ones so we have 6 now. The original two have now given another 8 months of service and are still good though consuming quite a bit of water. I will probably replace them in the spring as I am not keen on having very old batteries in the same bank as the new ones.

................Dave