Glascote basin

Tonka

Featured Posts

Finally saw a decent boat in Glascote Basin. Came past this afternoon and saw Canopus which was built by Daventry Harris in there.

Daventy Harris? Where have you got that from?

Who else does he work with?

Stevenage Priest?

Edited by alan_fincher
  • Greenie 3

Wrexham Wain? Tonbridge Redshaw?

Richard

Well done - I was struggling for any additions, without resorting to other "Daventrys". ....... Daventry Thomas, Daventry Gunby, etc Daventry Ross at Brinklow has just fabricated us a quality new pigeon box - there seem to be a lot of "Daventrys" in the world of upmarket boat building!

The pigeon box is of course for one of our Mike Yarwood boats..........

The pigeon box is of course for one of our Mike Yarwood boats..........

Don't be a Silly Billy. ;0)

Glascote used to be occupied by the legendary German builder ; Essen Husdon.

Edited by mark99

Finally saw a decent boat in Glascote Basin. Came past this afternoon and saw Canopus which was built by Daventry Harris in there.

Fail.

three Yarwoods,

Ooh, what's the 3rd Yarwoods please?

Well done - I was struggling for any additions, without resorting to other "Daventrys". ....... Daventry Thomas, Daventry Gunby, etc Daventry Ross at Brinklow has just fabricated us a quality new pigeon box - there seem to be a lot of "Daventrys" in the world of upmarket boat building!

The stretch and cabin extention of ALBION was done by Daventry Linney i believe.

Oops. Spellchecker is brilliant at times but not this time. I could have edited the op but that would have made the following posts weird. Did not spot Cobbett. Must be hidden but Canopus was along side Resolute

Have I got this correct-? I may be missing something but -

Is the OP some sort of infantile comment on boats built by Steve Hudson?

I may be missing something but, why infantile? I personally like the look of most S.M. Hudson boats, but they have attracted a good deal of adverse criticism on here over the years, largely from adults.

Wrexham Wain? Tonbridge Redshaw?

Richard

Great names in the annals of narrowboat building, alongside such titans as Colechester Craft, Melksham Davis, Barry Island Hawkins and Charlton Fox.

Fortunately there are no known boatbuilders from Scunthorpe.

• Greenie 1