Tim & Pru New Series

pig

Featured Posts

Tim and Pru are right now having lunch in the Wharf Cafe/Bistro at Foulridge.

We saw a hire boat come south through the tunnel last night and wind then reverse back to moorings above the locks. This morning a film crew arrived followed shortly by Tim and Pru.

Eventually they departed to go through the tunnel, we were to move today, so in my wisdom thought we would leave it sometime to follow. We left it 45 minutes or more and set off.

We didn't take long to catch them in the tunnel and stopped for what seemed like ages. Wasn't an issue. We eventually came out of the tunnel and they had already moored up. The crew were apologetic if they had kept us waiting, they hadn't really. I find it interesting how filming happens, but I don't want to be seen as star struck. Tim said hello and smiled, but I guess he's fed up of all that. He seemed pleased to see us.

Wondering now if that's the end for today. It's started to rain now as well.

Martyn

Nice one Nightwatch. I'd have forced them on board and demanded autographs and got them pissed!

I was hoping there'd done that for us. Hey ho!

They like their wine. I like fruit based drinks. As well as ale of course. We are now at Gargrave where I have drunk the dearest ale I have bought for ages. £3.45.mind we are in Yorkshire!!

• 1 year later...
14 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

That's all very interesting but where did berries come in? Martyn was on about fruit.

(Clue -- fruit of the vine --)

Grapes are berries, not fruit.  It's in the first line of the wikipedia article I linked.

On 13/07/2017 at 12:07, ditchcrawler said:

There could well be another series on the way about the Broads, A friend of mine was in the pub at Thurn and Tim and Pru were there filming

They have been filming on the Wherry Albion this week

After seeing their episode on the Shannon Eyre waterway, we booked a week from the same boatyard, on the same boat used in the episode. It was chucking it down when we arrived, so we accepted their offer of a similar broadbeam with a metal canopy over the cruiser stern. A delightful experience on stunning waterways 

Edited by homer2911

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Mike Hurley said:

I would rather run naked through a compound full of rabid pit bulls while covered in Marmite than watch that, but each to their own.

An interesting theoretical scenario. Do dogs like marmite? Or would they divide into pro and anti marmite factions and just attack each other leaving Mike to escape?

To carry out this somewhat unethical experiment properly, we need X Factor on TV at the end of the compound Mike is running away from, raising the question of what the average rabid pit bull thinks of that. It would probably fit in well in the show's studio audience.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Peter X said:

An interesting theoretical scenario. Do dogs like marmite? Or would they divide into pro and anti marmite factions and just attack each other leaving Mike to escape?

To carry out this somewhat unethical experiment properly, we need X Factor on TV at the end of the compound Mike is running away from, raising the question of what the average rabid pit bull thinks of that. It would probably fit in well in the show's studio audience.

If the x factor came on i would run so fast no dog could catch me.

5 hours ago, Mike Hurley said:

If the x factor came on i would run so fast no dog could catch me.

X factor always was mind numbingly crap, nearly as bad as football and formula one!! has it not improved over the last few years?

7 hours ago, john6767 said:

I find X Factor entertaining, just don’t take it seriously, goes best with beer.

Agreed. A fine piece of light entertainment for a Saturday (and Sunday) night. Light and fluffy and nothing to exercise the brainbox. I’d rather watch that than spend an hour wincing as Tim plays Dodgems.