Tim & Pru New Series

pig

Featured Posts

Sorry if this has been flagged up already, but the first of a new 3 part series is on Channel 4 this Sunday at 8pm.

Digiguide gives this info:

TRAVEL: Great Canal Journeys

Channel: Channel 4 HD 104

Date: Sunday 25th October 2015

Time: 20:00 to 21:00 (starting in 3 days)

Duration: 1 hour.

In the first of a new series, actors and canal lovers Timothy West and Prunella Scales go in search of London's lost route to the sea. They navigate from the Thames at Teddington, through the Surrey and Sussex countryside, to Littlehampton on the south coast. The journey takes in four different waterways and four separate boats, as they follow a route that was last fully open two centuries ago. They explore the beautiful, almost forgotten Wey and Arun, where time itself seems to move at a slower pace. Their voyage back through canal history also leads Tim and Pru into their own past. The Wey Navigation takes them through Guildford, to its canal-side theatre where they have been regular performers for fifty years. At the Surrey village of Sutton Abinger, they pay a visit to the picturesque cottage where Pru was born. And for the final leg of the journey, Tim and Pru transfer onto the River Arun, travelling past Arundel Castle to Littlehampton and the English Channel.

(High Definition, Subtitles, Part 1 of 3, Audio Described, Episode 1, 4 Star)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide

The second programme covers their journey from Brum to Braunston. I have no info on programme 3.

They were outside the Gongoozlers Rest at Braunston last September.

Before filming started the cafe woman said, "Is there anyone here who shouldn't be? I mean at work or somewhere."!

smile.png

They often say similar before filming TV shows with an audience ... and can add "or with someone you shouldn't be with" blush.png

Sorry if this has been flagged up already, but the first of a new 3 part series is on Channel 4 this Sunday at 8pm.

Digiguide gives this info:

TRAVEL: Great Canal Journeys

Channel: Channel 4 HD 104

Date: Sunday 25th October 2015

Time: 20:00 to 21:00 (starting in 3 days)

Duration: 1 hour.

In the first of a new series, actors and canal lovers Timothy West and Prunella Scales go in search of London's lost route to the sea. They navigate from the Thames at Teddington, through the Surrey and Sussex countryside, to Littlehampton on the south coast. The journey takes in four different waterways and four separate boats, as they follow a route that was last fully open two centuries ago. They explore the beautiful, almost forgotten Wey and Arun, where time itself seems to move at a slower pace. Their voyage back through canal history also leads Tim and Pru into their own past. The Wey Navigation takes them through Guildford, to its canal-side theatre where they have been regular performers for fifty years. At the Surrey village of Sutton Abinger, they pay a visit to the picturesque cottage where Pru was born. And for the final leg of the journey, Tim and Pru transfer onto the River Arun, travelling past Arundel Castle to Littlehampton and the English Channel.

(High Definition, Subtitles, Part 1 of 3, Audio Described, Episode 1, 4 Star)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide

The second programme covers their journey from Brum to Braunston. I have no info on programme 3.

We were moored in Stratford on 4th. Oct. where they were filming some of the latest Tim & Pru series. They were doing some of the filming from a drone, supposedly of Tim & Pru entering & leaving the lock down onto the Avon. We were a bit disapointed to see that stand in 'look alike' actors were being used. I suppose this is standard practice for the longer shots. The boat was a Rose hireboat called Stephen.

They often say similar before filming TV shows with an audience ... and can add "or with someone you shouldn't be with" :blush:

That reminds me of a local history talk I went to. The speaker, when showing a photo of Cirencester town centre including cars parked in the market place, mentioned a previous audience.

A lady had spotted her husband's car in the photo, queried the day of the week it was taken, and concluded hubby should not have been there! Oops...

Edited by keble

I met them a month or so ago, they were out on their own boat not filming. Pru didn't seem well at all, I knew she was ill from watching the programs but she seemed worse IRL than she does on TV. Quite upsetting really, I hope they can carry on for a while yet.

I met them a month or so ago, they were out on their own boat not filming. Pru didn't seem well at all, I knew she was ill from watching the programs but she seemed worse IRL than she does on TV. Quite upsetting really, I hope they can carry on for a while yet.

As with a lot of these kind of ailments folk get good and bad days but as time goes on sadly it always gets worse.

I shall enjoy the program no doubt I find the pair charming and likeable not least for their love for each other and the waterways.

• Greenie 1

Interesting - I had heard that they had sold their boat. It's called something like Dorothy Russell or George Thompson isn't it? We used to moor a few boats along from it at Sovereign Wharf but we never saw Tim & Pru on it..

Interesting - I had heard that they had sold their boat. It's called something like Dorothy Russell or George Thompson isn't it? We used to moor a few boats along from it at Sovereign Wharf but we never saw Tim & Pru on it..

It was Peggy something, maybe I was mistaken and it wasn't their boat but they didn't have a camera crew with them.

Edited by Delta9

It was Peggy something, maybe I was mistaken and it wasn't their boat but they didn't have a camera crew with them.

Yes, you are quite right, Peggy Ashcroft? No, Peggy Thompson. I knew it was a person's name but couldn't remember exactly what.

We were a bit disapointed to see that stand in 'look alike' actors were being used. I suppose this is standard practice for the longer shots.

Maybe that is why he hits so much

Strange we saw her in the summer and seemed quite with it driving the boat, we didn't see Tim, I expect he was refilling the glasses.icecream.gif