Black cat has adopted me

Daiboy

Featured Posts

If anyone has lost or misplaced a wonderful big black cat near Winkwell marina, Bourne End, I have it here on my lap. She\he wandered on my boat tonight and made it's self at home. It's fine.

It has probably added your boat to its list of approved dwellings! In my experience cats tend to have about seven homes :)

I was always told that people don't own cats, cats own people.

A friend of mine had a cat for a few years, introduced a new cat to the fold, the cats didn't get on and so the original cat just upped sticks and moved on. They never saw it again, it obviously found a better home !

Moral of the story : Look after your cat

Edited by Bloomsberry

Cats having more than one home is something I am very familiar with. During my time ss a milkman, one ginger tom called Major had 3 homes, all of whom were my customers, none of them knew about the other "owners" untill the time of his passing. It then fell to me to relate his house hopping exploits, the various "owners" all responded in the same way with comments like "we often wondered where he got to" etc etc.

I missed him too as he would board my milk float to cadge some cat treats that I carried (dogs also catered for)

Phil

When I was at sea, we had a cat join ship in Mombassa (we already had two young cats aboard) it was a valuable crewmember who took over heading the rat extermination squad from the existing youthful crewmember (Plantagenet Phirsby, better known as PeePee for his unfortunate habits)

the third member of the squad was a white cat with the imaginative name of "Snowy". They proved to be a lethally effective team.

After some time at sea it was remarked that Cat (always with a capital) never used the litter tray provided for the original team members, It was the third mate who provided the answer, at approximately the same time during the 8 till 12 watch each morning and evening, Cat proceeded to the focsle head and used the hawse pipe as his own private facility, even during bad weather he would perch precariously on the chain sometimes with his fur being blown in the wrong direction and spray flying round. This much respected crew member stayed with us for several months until we were in Argentina where he jumped ship in Buenos Aires and was last seen heading for a Blue Funnel Line ship further along the quay.......A true Ships Cat

edit for a rogue word and spellnigs

Edited by John V
  • Greenie 1