Another Kennet and Avon swing bridge is closed.

nipper

Featured Posts

Looks like another swing bridge is out of action untill at least the 10th of October!

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notice/4947/bridge-25a-ufton-swingbridge

Nipper

Notice Details
From Date:
5th October 2015 at 16:30
To Date:
15th October 2015 at 10:00 inclusive
Type:
Navigation Closure
Reason:
Structure failure
Description:

Due to an Electrical Failure Bridge 25A Ufton Swingbridge will be closed until 10:00am on Thursday 10th October

We understand that this closure may disrupt your schedule. We are taking every step to fix the problem as soon as possible and we will keep you updated of our progress.

Starts At:
Bridge 25A, Ufton Swingbridge
Ends At:
Bridge 25A, Ufton Swingbridge

Well the bridge was moved today by a humungous crane, everyone got past who wanted to. Then they put it back. I don't think anyone fell in and I hope nobody fell out (with each other)

Thanks to a team of cart volunteers we were all whisked through town lock in good style. David

Well the bridge was moved today by a humungous crane, everyone got past who wanted to. Then they put it back. I don't think anyone fell in and I hope nobody fell out (with each other)

Thanks to a team of cart volunteers we were all whisked through town lock in good style. David

Um!

Wrong Swing Bridge! captain.gif

Oops sorry. Must try harder!

Thats fine!

But your right, what a humungus crane it was, to my mind, well over killed

But I'm through and so is everyone that wanted to be!

And yes, well done CART. Every boat was chatted too in a very friendly way whilst waiting their turn. The banter was wonderfull and i believe that every one was happy, with the exeption of the first boat West Bound who gave, very loudly, his complete selection of expletives towards the Cart manpower, much to the crowds annoyance and disgust, which marked him out to be a complete and utter Tos..r!

A good job well done!

Nipper

Edited by nipper