Webasto

luggsy

Featured Posts

How long is a piece of string, it depends on the plumbing arrangement really and how any balancing valves are set, but rule of thumb if you have the circa 4.7kw radiator load specified for the Webasto Thermo Top E then 30 to 40 minutes should see usable hot water available. Unless you have motorised valves it will not be heated first as the coolant will be circulating around the system and assuming it is properly ballanced the heat will be dumped evenly unless you have it arranged for full flow to the calorifier coil(s) and unrestricted by valves.

Thanks but those really don't help as one can not see how or where they are plumbed to the circuit, how long is it taking to warm up and do the rubber hoses in the picture get hot? It is a twin coil by the way one pair of hoses will be heated by the motor and the other by the Webasto.

Edited by NMEA

Hi yes it's a twin coil , it's just bearable warmish after a hour , needs to be on for a hour and half for a decent temp to have a shower , thinking about it it's been taking longer and longer over a period of 12 months , I thought I was right in thinking it used to get very hot after a hour , will check every thing out tomorrow now I know what to and look for

Edited by luggsy

You need to find the pipe that is the flow from the Webasto, where this enters the calorifer, loosen off the fittings and let the air out, the engine is heating OK, so leave this pipe run alone. A small amount of air in the coil can have a big effect. Ben

You need to find the pipe that is the flow from the Webasto, where this enters the calorifer, loosen off the fittings and let the air out, the engine is heating OK, so leave this pipe run alone. A small amount of air in the coil can have a big effect. Ben

Not really, if you want to expell air from a coil you remove the outlet hose not the feed, and don't forget to clamp the hose you are removing to mitigate coolant loss.

Not really, if you want to expell air from a coil you remove the outlet hose not the feed, and don't forget to clamp the hose you are removing to mitigate coolant loss.

OK might be a bit wrong, but loosen the higher hose on the calorifer as the air rises , no need to clamp any hoses as your not undoing anything fully.just loosen them slowly.

I just did a test with my Thermo top E to see how long it would take to heat my 55ltr horizontal calorifier from cold. It took 75 minutes to go from 19C to 47 C. My system can be set up to send all the water through the calorifier which is what I did at first but later I partially opened the radiator circuit because the boiler had shut down, this was when the tank was at about 37C. When I put the rads on line it restarted and continued .

Top Cat