Mobile signal booster

Featured Posts

I have an iphone with 3 network which is great for internet access on the boat. Trouble is it is dire at home, and I could do with improving the signal somehow. I am thinking some kind of signal booster might be in order, but am confused at all the types that appear to be available. Can anybody recommend a suitable device? I have no home broadband.

Thank you.

Edited by stan hesketh

At home you could have a directional aerial, Yagi or Log-periodic like a TV aerial, mounted high up or, maybe, a compact aerial mounted lower down.

I do not know and I doubt that an I-phone has aerial sockets. Ideally, the aerial would be connected to a 'repeater'.

None of the above is a cheap solution, better to use a SIM at home from a provider that does have adequate coverage.

Alan

We have a similar issue at home and 3 provided us with a "3 box" which connects by cable our Internet connection. We now have a decent mobile network signal through most of the house. 3 and EE both do apps which do something similar by routing calls and messages over wifi. I'm not sure it's quite as successful and fear it may have spelled the end of the 3 box.

We have a similar issue at home and 3 provided us with a "3 box" which connects by cable our Internet connection. We now have a decent mobile network signal through most of the house. 3 and EE both do apps which do something similar by routing calls and messages over wifi. I'm not sure it's quite as successful and fear it may have spelled the end of the 3 box.

Good idea, but I think the OP's problem is he wants to use his phone internet at home.

I have no idea other than a MiFi unit with external aerial mounted outside and at a high level. Unfortunately that needs a second expensive SIM if you want lots of data. I don't have a better idea.

Good idea, but I think the OP's problem is he wants to use his phone internet at home.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out - the "I have no home broadband" bit should have given me a clue really! Oh well, I tried. :)

Maybe it'll help someone else.

Eta thanks for being gentle with me Chewy. ;)

Edited by Sea Dog