An accolade for Rose Narrowboats of Stretton Stop.

Featured Posts

We have recently had our Narrowboat painted by Rose Narrowboats and from our experience would recommend them if considering a full repaint. The process was back to bare metal and the fixed price included sign writing and blacking. The job was completed on time and we were encouraged to visit as often as we could to see the progress and discuss any changes which in our case were not required. Anthony the owner was very helpful and obliging. Paul the man behind the brush did a great job and on our journey back to our mooring in Essex via the Avon Ring we had many complements on how good the boat looked.

Thanks Antony, Paul, Christine, Becky and the rest of the team.

We have recently had our Narrowboat painted by Rose Narrowboats and from our experience would recommend them if considering a full repaint. The process was back to bare metal and the fixed price included sign writing and blacking. The job was completed on time and we were encouraged to visit as often as we could to see the progress and discuss any changes which in our case were not required. Anthony the owner was very helpful and obliging. Paul the man behind the brush did a great job and on our journey back to our mooring in Essex via the Avon Ring we had many complements on how good the boat looked.

Thanks Antony, Paul, Christine, Becky and the rest of the team.

I think we spoke to you at Rose when your boat had just come out of the paint shop and ours had just gone in. We are pleased with ours too, there is a thread of ours with pictures

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=77993&hl=

I think we spoke to you at Rose when your boat had just come out of the paint shop and ours had just gone in. We are pleased with ours too, there is a thread of ours with pictures

That's a lovely job. I'm planning to get mine done next year and Rose is certainly on my list of boatyards to speak to. Was that "back to bear metal" and if so how long did it take.

That's a lovely job. I'm planning to get mine done next year and Rose is certainly on my list of boatyards to speak to. Was that "back to bear metal" and if so how long did it take.

Yes back to bare metal, took around 6 weeks.

Give us a clue on price please

Thousands. wink.png

As bottle said "thousands" BUT a very competitive price compared to other quotes. Also we had an excellent result with very good customer service.

Yes it was us. Glad that you were also pleased as well. Thanks for the link and a great improvement since we saw it when Paul was stripping it.

Sounds good, please update after 12/24months and see if there is any MS pimpling.........

Good Luck.

L.

Will do. Is that the time scale for such problems to manifest themselves?

Will do. Is that the time scale for such problems to manifest themselves?

Hi,

Difficult to say - depends on so many things - weather and a combination of damp leaves left on the boat flat surfaces, a layer of snow left on the boat roof/ decks and choice and combination of paint used.

Boats painted in perfect conditions - summer weather, undercover can be affected.

Blisters can be small or large.

It looks to me as though it is a reaction by the undercoat.

Raddle red surfaces seem to have problems.

Sadly it is not the painter's fault but I suspect probably stems from EU HQ and the edicts issued on paint ingredients.

Hope that helps, others may pass on their views.

L.

Hi,

Difficult to say - depends on so many things - weather and a combination of damp leaves left on the boat flat surfaces, a layer of snow left on the boat roof/ decks and choice and combination of paint used.

Boats painted in perfect conditions - summer weather, undercover can be affected.

Blisters can be small or large.

It looks to me as though it is a reaction by the undercoat.

Raddle red surfaces seem to have problems.

Sadly it is not the painter's fault but I suspect probably stems from EU HQ and the edicts issued on paint ingredients.

Hope that helps, others may pass on their views.

L.

Both blue (light and dark), white and red are effected on my boat