frenches/Greenfield marina

ever hopeful

Featured Posts

We had visitor moorings there a few years ago. The marina is not very big and only had room for a couple of visiting boats, no electric available , next door to a busy family pub. A very heavy lift bridge entry. Cant give you a contact ( we didnt book , friends did ) number but maybe the visitor ctr in Saddleworth could, or at least give you the name and number for the pub and they might know one of the moorers ?? . Marina seemed friendly enough , had to contact the chap by mobil for entry. Bunny.

HI

I looked into mooring there about a year ago cant remember the exact prices but they made me cringe very expensive and they wanted a picture of the boat to make sure it looked nice no rif raf for them they do have resi and non resi places.

Forgot to mention no toilets on site no elsan disposal on site basically nowt and you had to keep everything on the boat eg no coal or anything on the mooring.

Shame really it feels like they are trying to keep boats out maybe they want to fill it in and build more houses

Edited by james13

Any other suggestions for long term leisure moorings plse in the hnc,peak forest area

Fairfield Marina

Portland Basin

Ashton Packet Boat

Tameside Sea Cadets

Warble Wharf

Adamsons Wharf

New Mills Marina

Furness Vale Marina

Marple Marina

New Mills Towpath

Whaley Bridge Towpath

Marple Waterside

North Cheshire Cruising Club

Victoria Pit

Lyme View

PM me with details of where you are based, maximum travel distance and your budget and I'll narrow it down

• Greenie 2

Did you try any of those sites thrown up by Googling? I did before you posted that and found it inordinately difficult to get any contact details. There is a board outside the 'marina' with a contact number, but it looks like it isn't a real marina at all, and they really don't want to fill it.

It is said that it was just a planning dodge to get permission for the rest of the development.

I couldn't possibly comment, but the most boats I've seen in there is 3.

• 1 year later...

Fairfield Marina

Portland Basin

Ashton Packet Boat

Tameside Sea Cadets

Warble Wharf

Adamsons Wharf

New Mills Marina

Furness Vale Marina

Marple Marina

New Mills Towpath

Whaley Bridge Towpath

Marple Waterside

North Cheshire Cruising Club

Victoria Pit

Lyme View

PM me with details of where you are based, maximum travel distance and your budget and I'll narrow it down

Hi, Do you have any info on Marple Waterside moorings at all, please?

• 1 year later...