Roses and Castles painting course

grannykins

Featured Posts

We had a great time in Audlem with a two day course run by Jane Marshall who lives there. I am unsure if she runs them still. I am sure that Peter at the mill shop in Audlem could suggest when he is next helping to arrange one.

Another very helpful source is Tony Lewery and his dvd. He certainly takes painting roses and castles to a professional level.

Anyone know where I can buy the Terence Lewery dvd, other than ebay? I have a thing about ebay....

Ally, I presume you meant Tony Lewery and not Terence who is a different fellow! (I don't know his surname).

Cuthound's link to Amazon is for Tony's book "Flowers Afloat" - very good read but not a demo of how to do it!

We got our DVDs (well video tapes really - it was so long ago!) at a Crick show. The Roses and Castles one is called "Floating Castles" and I have it here in front of me. I see it is a "Lewery - Hogg" production so should be available from Lawrence Hogg's emporium which can presumably sell online.

Tony also did a DVD (video) on Scumbling (Graining) which we have as well but I can't find it just now - presumably available from the same source.

Edit to add - Scumbling one now found - it's called "Traditional Transformation", also a Lewery -Hogg production.

Richard

Edited by rjasmith

Apologies for the wrong link, try this, however I am not sure if Laurence still has them in stock. I'm sure he will confirm or deny in due course.

www.laurencehoggproductions.co.uk/films2004.doc

Definitely no need for an apol!

I thought I'd use your suggestion of L H's website url to have a look around. It seems he does still offer the two videos but re-edited into a single DVD covering both subjects. It's here.

Oo err - that was my 1000th post!!

Richard