4 Month On

Retardedrocker

Featured Posts

Glad to hear it. I sold my boat a few weeks ago and don't have the replacement yet. I'm lucky enough to be doing a bit of boating elsewhere, but i really miss that waking up in the morning and looking outside moment.

Have you been out anywhere on the boat yet?

Glad to hear it. I sold my boat a few weeks ago and don't have the replacement yet. I'm lucky enough to be doing a bit of boating elsewhere, but i really miss that waking up in the morning and looking outside moment.

Have you been out anywhere on the boat yet?

Hi Junior.

I bought the boat from Longport in Stoke on Trent and brought it up to Northwich single handed. It has only moved from the mooring to the pumpout since.

However once we get on towards March I'll be off whenever possible.

The original plan was to move up to Rufford, but there's a stoppage at Dutton, so I couldn't move very far anyway.

cheers,

T.

Good afternoon Athy.

The 'only' is a reflection of other peoples apparent attitude to Liverpool boats, not mine. I love my boat.

As to winter, I'll be quite sorry when it's passed, because there will be no need to have the stove lit and the stove is, without doubt, the heart of the boat.

And thanks foer the greeno. cool.png

Cheers,

T.

Edited by Retardedrocker

I shouldn't get too bothered about badge snobbery T. Some builds are better others, of course, some prefer one style to another, and some boats cost more than others too, but the end result is that we are all sharing a common interest.

You captured some of the attraction pretty well and, at the end of the day, there's more binds us boaters together than sets us apart.

Glad to hear you're loving it - good on yer! cheers.gif

I shouldn't get too bothered about badge snobbery T. Some builds are better others, of course, some prefer one style to another, and some boats cost more than others too, but the end result is that we are all sharing a common interest.

You captured some of the attraction pretty well and, at the end of the day, there's more binds us boaters together than sets us apart.

Glad to hear you're loving it - good on yer! :cheers:

Couldn't agree more.

As long as it floats and gives you pleasure who cares what anyone else thinks.

It is now 4 months since I bought and have lived aboard my boat and I still can't believe it.

Every morning when I step outside, I have to stop and spend/waste a couple of minutes just looking around.

You may say I'm a cheat because I'm moored in a marina (work makes this a nessessity) and that it's (only) a Liverpool boat.

It may be true, but I love it: what a lifestyle.

I will never go back to bricks and mortar unless they drag me there in a straight jacket.

What a lucky boy I am.

Cheers,

T.

I couldn't agree more, we're about 20 days shy of our first year anniversary of moving on-board and I still pinch myself to make sure it isn't just a dream.

I love our new life, and wouldn't change it for anything. boat.gif

I'm actually betwixt and between regarding the fire, I love it for the warmth it provides and the atmosphere it creates, but I could do without the coal / ash dust that goes with it

I especially like the peace & quite, and the friendliness of the folks we meet at the locks and along the tow path - we really are blessed to be able to partake of this wonderful life.hug.gif

I like that we quite often read by the light of our oil lamps, or cook on the wood stove; that every day, regardless of where we are the view outside our windows include some form of water fowl or squirrels, deer or hedge hogs & when we tire of the view we simply cast off and move on another few miles.

There are times when I feel somehow we managed to get a bigger slice of the pie than we were entitled too, almost over privileged and should be sharing this great life with others somehow.

ETA - as a far as what others opinions are about your boat..who cares as long as your happy with it, that's all that matters. Doesn't matter which category they want to put you in (coming from someone in a WB, I've learned to pretty much ignore it) banned.gif

Edited by Bettie Boo
  • Greenie 2

I shouldn't get too bothered about badge snobbery.

Hi Sea Dog.

I don't.

I looked at loads of boats, all sorts of builders, sizes and layouts and it's true what they say: you will know the right boat as soon as you step aboard.

It worked for me.

Cheers,

T.

Nice post Bettie !!! I think you squarely bashed that nail ....have a greeno

Seconded. You said it far better than me.

T.

Nice post Bettie !!! I think you squarely bashed that nail ....have a greeno

Thanx John...just how I (we) feel really :)

Seconded. You said it far better than me.

T.

Not at all, your post was great and anyone reading it could easily tell it came from the heart, it just enticed me to put my own thoughts down

I couldn't agree more, we're about 20 days shy of our first year anniversary of moving on-board and I still pinch myself to make sure it isn't just a dream.

I love our new life, and wouldn't change it for anything. boat.gif

I'm actually betwixt and between regarding the fire, I love it for the warmth it provides and the atmosphere it creates, but I could do without the coal / ash dust that goes with it

I especially like the peace & quite, and the friendliness of the folks we meet at the locks and along the tow path - we really are blessed to be able to partake of this wonderful life.hug.gif

I like that we quite often read by the light of our oil lamps, or cook on the wood stove; that every day, regardless of where we are the view outside our windows include some form of water fowl or squirrels, deer or hedge hogs & when we tire of the view we simply cast off and move on another few miles.

There are times when I feel somehow we managed to get a bigger slice of the pie than we were entitled too, almost over privileged and should be sharing this great life with others somehow.

ETA - as a far as what others opinions are about your boat..who cares as long as your happy with it, that's all that matters. Doesn't matter which category they want to put you in (coming from someone in a WB, I've learned to pretty much ignore it) banned.gif

Lovely post how I feel just love my life in my big fat boat clapping.gif have a greeie

Peter

RetardedRocker - nice post, made me smile and remember my first winter on the boat. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face for months, even when everything went wrong! I remember being on my boat, snow piling up outside, around -5C, no electric, my engine wouldnt start, no water, iced in, and being generally clueless. I'm not sure if I can ever remember being happier than sitting by my roaring stove reading a book about boating by the light of a paraffin lamp.

Don't worry about brand snobbery with boats. There will always be a worse/uglier/scruffier boat somewhere, and there will always be folks who can't help making snide remarks. I'm sure many think mine is crap/ugly/worthless junk, but to me - it's perfect!

In 15th year aboard and still have not got over how lucky we are, as for badge snobbery, well I just feel sorry for those who indulge in it. Oh and Bettie is it really almost a year? feels like it was only a couple of months, time flies when you are having fun.

Phil

I hope that you'll get plenty of opportunities to take the boat out for some nice cruising.

Peter.

Me too - but Tardebigge opens this weekend for 4 days so I intend to grab that opportunity - as long as the weather forecasters of doom who seem to be issuing warnings like confetti most days of most weeks are being as over-cautious as usual! Have they not heard about that bloke who cried wolf? Michael Fish has a lot to answer for!

It is now 4 months since I bought and have lived aboard my boat and I still can't believe it.

Every morning when I step outside, I have to stop and spend/waste a couple of minutes just looking around.

I've been living on board for nearly 13 years now. You'd be surprised how long that novel feeling lasts. Most mornings I still take a moment to have a look around when I'm on my way out.... And then rush off to work!

Occasionally, on a nice day I'm to be found just sitting on the stern deck grinning....

ec3d75e5-5c45-4497-af97-2997b6ae9c08_zps

Edit: And as for Liverpool Boats - they are good boats. The main reason some people don't like them is simply because there are lots around. In other words they must have been doing something right.

Edited by blackrose

I love my Liverpool boat because she's my boat Yes,there are some quirks but houses are like that too.At the moment she's at CTS ready to be grit blasted ,repainted & then made beautiful by Dave Moore-I can't wait to get her back again as I feel lost without her I'm a lost cause aren't I ?

Trina