Canal Map (Like London Tube Map)

Blazeaway

Featured Posts

Already Done ! - Dads NB Marah whilst under original ownership of Graham Capelin - Photo courtesy of Tim Leech.

Cavalcade-1991-2-L.jpg

Brilliant, I wonder if people try to board every time you try to moor?

ETA a missing "f"

Edited by cuthound

Already Done ! - Dads NB Marah whilst under original ownership of Graham Capelin - Photo courtesy of Tim Leech.

Cavalcade-1991-2-L.jpg

It's actually one of mine :-) I rarely if ever post out of focus pictures but as this one was so unique I did. I was really gutted when the slides came back as I had waited ages to get the picture of the tube train coming out of the tunnel (Maida Hill).

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

I'm sure we will all look forward to the appearance of vastly better attempts from all the critics of the originator of this great initiative.

I did wonder how long it would take for somebody to pick that point up and criticise the 'critics'. However the thing is if you put something 'out there' on the big old world wide web you should really expect criticism which in the cases above look entirely constructive to me, as well as positive comments.

If you don't expect it or take it in the manner which people intend when they offer it you really shouldn't bother.

I did wonder how long it would take for somebody to pick that point up and criticise the 'critics'. However the thing is if you put something 'out there' on the big old world wide web you should really expect criticism which in the cases above look entirely constructive to me, as well as positive comments.

If you don't expect it or take it in the manner which people intend when they offer it you really shouldn't bother.

Your point is of course valid - but full marks to the cartographer for a highly original idea which, as a parody of the famous Harry Beck London Underground map, is not without humour.

But do we have to change boats at each junction?

Edited by Athy

Your point is of course valid - but full marks to the cartographer for a highly original idea which, as a parody of the famous Harry Beck London Underground map, is not without humour.

But do we have to change boats at each junction?

"Mind the Crap"

• Greenie 1

• 5 months later...

I popped in to have a look for this, and was surprised to see it discussed just a few months back.

If anybody did want to continue to work on and improve the map, the editable png file is attached

It deserves to be developed and maintained, it's a great piece of work

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...