T&M Stoppage at Dutton

Timleech

Featured Posts

I emailed David Baldacchino to ask whether it was acceptable to have no up-date since 15th December 2014

on progress with this important breach. He has promised an up-date this week!

At least you got a reply!

My guess is that they can't give any firm prediction until they have started excavating, to find out how much damage has been done (including probably to the new work).

I believe they were still laying the access track last week. The same access track that was taken up after the breach repair.

Tim

Edited by Timleech

Update on 20/01/2015: Since the New Year we have built an access into the site which means that we have been able to start the repair project.
In the next couple of weeks we will be exposing the problem area and making sure that we have found all of the areas that need repair, and then starting that.
While there are no certainties at this point we are hopeful of completion by Easter.
We will provide a further update in the first week of February.

Update on 20/01/2015: Since the New Year we have built an access into the site which means that we have been able to start the repair project.
In the next couple of weeks we will be exposing the problem area and making sure that we have found all of the areas that need repair, and then starting that.
While there are no certainties at this point we are hopeful of completion by Easter.

There is another thread discussing this stoppage here: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=71990

Oh well, at least Easter is early this year.

Paul C, on 20 Jan 2015 - 5:38 PM, said:

QuoteUpdate on 20/01/2015: Since the New Year we have built an access into the site which means that we have been able to start the repair project.

They said that about Holme Lock last year and it eventually opened in June.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

There is another thread discussing this stoppage here: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=71990

That link just leads to an error message for me, as does the entry in the View New Content list. Looks like it's not just the T&M with probs tonight... :(

• 1 month later...

Latest Update

Notice Alert

Trent & Mersey Canal
Starts At: Bridge 211, Dutton Hall Bridge
Ends At: Lock 76
Up Stream Winding Hole: Between Bartington Wharf and Bridge 211
Down Stream Winding Hole: Immediately below Dutton Stop Lock (tunnel side of the lock)

Thursday 27 November 2014 15:00 until further notice

Type: Navigation Closure
Reason: Repair

Update on 26/02/2015:

The repair works at Dutton are now complete and our contractor is away from the site.

However, because of the other works that are on-going to repair wash walls in the area between Preston Brook Tunnel and Soothill Bridge (200) the canal in the area remains closed, with stop planks installed at Bridge 211.

Latest Update

Notice Alert

Trent & Mersey Canal

Up Stream Winding Hole: Between Bartington Wharf and Bridge 211

Down Stream Winding Hole: Immediately below Dutton Stop Lock (tunnel side of the lock)

Thursday 27 November 2014 15:00 until further notice

Type: Navigation Closure

Reason: Repair

Update on 26/02/2015:

The repair works at Dutton are now complete and our contractor is away from the site.

However, because of the other works that are on-going to repair wash walls in the area between Preston Brook Tunnel and Soothill Bridge (200) the canal in the area remains closed, with stop planks installed at Bridge 211.

What a useless notice CRT - when will it be open?

I note that the other stoppage referred to is due to be completed on 13 March so can we assume that the repaired section will also be open then.

What a useless notice CRT - when will it be open?

I note that the other stoppage referred to is due to be completed on 13 March so can we assume that the repaired section will also be open then.

About par for the course with their communication on this job, I'm afraid.

Tim

I called Red Bull this morning to enquire, did get a call back this afternoon, they're hoping to have it open by the end of March but very vague about it.

When I pointed out that it's important for me to know to have any hope of earning any money, he said he'd make more enquiries & call me back on Monday.

Tim

The opening is mentioned in today's boaters update - 13th March.

Yes but...

also says "looks like normal traffic will be resuming in plenty of time for Easter", and the most recent stoppage notice says 'Until further notice' - which is what prompted my call.

Right hand, left hand??

Tim

Same here!

So two of you have had multiple emails confirming 19th March, (from whom?) on the same day as an official stoppage update saying 13th?

Odd.

Edit as posted same time as SQ's correction.

Why 4 emails?

Edited by Timleech

Edit as posted same time as SQ's correction.

Why 4 emails?

Seem to have got one for each stoppage in the area. On the phone so can't easily post each mail but one is Trent & Mersey Canal

Another is Preston Brook tunnel to Bridge 200.

I emailed David Baldachino Monday to say that it was not clear when the canal would be re-opened. Credit where it is due he responded

very quickly,even though there was a bit of duplication on the notices!