Clock repairs

luggsy

Featured Posts

What type of clock is it? I assume you realise that mechanical pendulm clocks will not work on a boat, because they need to remain balanced.

John Harrison would have been able to help if he was still around!

Richard

We know someone in Bham who did our ships 8 bell beautifully. He does it as a paid hobby so our clock was dropped into his wife's office, rather than to any 'shop' as such. Can find his number if you like. PM me if so

ditto....I have one of those black forest hunters cuckoo clocks that clock repairers wont touch with the proverbial pole but all I need is for somebody to pull out the cuckoo chain from its innards! ...the clock works on the timing weight but my poor cuckoo has never cucked or even ooed!

its very asthmatic now and just gives out ghostly wheezes occasionally ...bellows and everything are all sound its just the chain that has disappeared into the movement.

so I know its not a marvel of engineering, nor a 'ships 8 day bell' but Im very fond of it and my cuckoo needs resuscitation

(and although its a chain/pendulum driven and shouldn't work on a boat, but it does and keeps good time)

I need is for somebody to pull out the cuckoo chain from its innards! ...the clock works on the timing weight but my poor cuckoo has never cucked or even ooed!

(and although its a chain/pendulum driven and shouldn't work on a boat, but it does and keeps good time)

of course, that's why it doesn't work properly.

Why won't anyone touch it, if I was buying a cuckoo clock it would be a black forest.

Generally, they wear very badly due to lack of regular servicing and the cost of repair would exceed value.

Yes that was the reactions I got, but mine has perfect bellows which I believe are the first things to deteriorate, the timing mechanism works perfectly too and although not a valuable antique it has value to me in that I adore it so am willing to pay to bring my poor cuckoo to life once more.