CAD wizz Naval Architect required for 3D walk-through design of a narrowboat

Featured Posts

Evening all,

Apparently technology has moved at a faster pace than I have over the past years... I'd like to commission a 57' narrow boat design in CAD with 3D walk-through type viewing.

We have our retirement project in mind but we're new to the scene so our ideas for the interior may prove to be awful in reality and I guess it's cheaper to find out now than after cutting metal.

We'd like a SeaOtter type aluminium ballasted hull but I see the company has capsized - does anyone know the whereabouts of their designer?

The exterior is inspired by the "Dover" series on TV (Dover is a large Woolwich working boat I believe...) I'm not sure how technical the design has to be initially from the naval architects perspective, I don't know in the future if an architect could import a detailed interior design file into his own more technical hull design, I don't want to pay for the same design twice!

Obvious a person with design experience from within the industry would be able to advise of the magnitude of inevitable errors etc, this knowledge only coming after spending hours chugging along the cut.

I'm happy to make payments in instalments, via Paypal if it's easier. Please advise your interest by PM or email dpaws at icloud dot com - serious offers only please.

Further design details available on request. Meanwhile any info on the ex SeaOtter design and build crew would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Steve and Luana

Ade - you're a genius - well found - I'll fire off an email...

Thanks Matty - but unfortunately I live in Italy at the moment and there aren't that many around - hence searching online. I'd found the original SeaOtter site but it's not live bar the first page, I recall some of the sub pages are blank - could you send me a link? I'd emailed the original company but it bounced back. I then googled to learn that they'd gone under...

dpaws never before has anyone called me a genius! no credit deserved for a bit of goofling and typing!

Ahhh but you've got to google the correct words, and they had for some reason escaped me... :D

looks like this is the last one unfortunately....

took a bit more goofling than I thought!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sea-Otter-31FT-Aluminium-Narrowboat-Shell-/151497764280?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2345f86db8

Wow - you guys are on form! Cheers Matty - I've sent him a PM to see if he's connected with Sea Otter... or if he knows a man who is :)

No real wish to burst your bubble but I earn my living working in 3D engineering design/concept and digital mock up and unless you have money to burn this is going to add allot to your boat cost. Personally I would not bother I did not even bother to do it for my own boat.

Thanks Jim, no worries, well, it depends on how much obviously but overall the project is well funded and it's something we'd really like... dare I ask... what would you charge for an end presentation result like Ade found from Walnut Design?

• 2 years later...
On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎14 at 22:00, Mendip-Locks said:

Dpaws did this concept ever get anywhere?

Ade

Dpaws Project did lead to a Beautiful design, still to be materialiced, in the wait for that to be practical he bought a clasic design with a proper Engine.