I am looking to hire a boat next week, anyone help?

PaulyP

Featured Posts

For a little break and also to see if I could live on one full time, been looking on various sites then I came across this place so thought I would ask the experts.

If you have one willing to hire out or know of places that maybe able help your help would be greatly appreciated, I am in the Birmingham area but can travel about.

Thanks in advance cheers.gif

For a little break and also to see if I could live on one full time, been looking on various sites then I came across this place so thought I would ask the experts.

If you have one willing to hire out or know of places that maybe able help your help would be greatly appreciated, I am in the Birmingham area but can travel about.

Thanks in advance cheers.gif

Hi PaulyP,

Welcome to the forum.

As John Williamson has already suggested, see if an hire company has a last minute cancellation.

However, I suggest that in addition to a summer cruise (which can be glorious) you hire at least once in the winter for a couple of weeks.

(Which can also be glorious - but you'll also enjoy some quite different experiences)

However, I suggest that in addition to a summer cruise (which can be glorious) you hire at least once in the winter for a couple of weeks.

(Which can also be glorious - but you'll also enjoy some quite different experiences)

Yes it can - I often prefer winter cruising to summer. The canals are less crowded, no queues for locks, without leaves on the trees the birds are easier to spot, the smell of a stew or curry bubbling on the stove for when you come in from cruising... oops sorry I was getting carried away for a moment then.

Hi PaulyP,

Welcome to the forum.

As John Williamson has already suggested, see if an hire company has a last minute cancellation.

Thanks, Well it looks well suited to me, I've just sold my house so looking now, being a keen fisherman - this looks ideal

if anyone heres anything I'd be eternally greatful if you could pop in here, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread whilst still looking...

Yes it can - I often prefer winter cruising to summer. The canals are less crowded, no queues for locks, without leaves on the trees the birds are easier to spot, the smell of a stew or curry bubbling on the stove for when you come in from cruising... oops sorry I was getting carried away for a moment then.

2 of my favourite foods! Dont think I am going to take much convincing tbf

There are plenty of hire companies not far from Birmingham, and despite the number of boats they seem to have been sending out today, looking on a few web sites I suspect there are one or 2 still available for tomorrow or Monday. Some you could try

http://www.kateboats.co.uk/

http://www.calcuttboats.com/

http://www.rose-narrowboats.co.uk/

There's last minute bookings with an online availability checker at http://www.latelink.com/ .

That site is genius, just what I have been looking for, think I may have also found the perfect trip, tuesday until the saturday, though time is against me, think I may go ahead and book regardless

You huys are top :thumbup: