Bimble Solar

leeco

Featured Posts

I got quick replies using their email, a guy named Mike seemed to pick up any enquiries that I had. Not that I had a problem with delivery at all

info@bimblesolar.com

Cheers, I have been talking to Mike on the email and he said I should get my outbacks today but no message of a tracking number yet.

Dave ordered 4 x 250 panels the middle of June.....we're still waiting! Mike (at Bimble) has agreed to a small discount on each panel and will wave the delivery charge though, the problem now is finding a mooring spot the delivery people can deliver to when they do get them in stock.

The web site has been saying a 2-3 week delay for these particular panels for over 7 weeks now.

Dave ordered 4 x 250 panels the middle of June.....we're still waiting! Mike (at Bimble) has agreed to a small discount on each panel and will wave the delivery charge though, the problem now is finding a mooring spot the delivery people can deliver to when they do get them in stock.

The web site has been saying a 2-3 week delay for these particular panels for over 7 weeks now.

7 weeks WOW.

I have ordered for me and a mate and he already had a order with some place called powergen but I took recommendations of here and talked them into getting the stuff of bimble.

I know it will turn up but its like trying to defend them saying its not a con you will get them and powergen was going to do a next day delivery matching bimbls prices.

I guess if you buy the solar stuff at this time of year its in high demand.

Edited by leeco

7 weeks WOW.

I have ordered for me and a mate and he already had a order with some place called powergen but I took recommendations of here and talked them into getting the stuff of bimble.

I know it will turn up but its like trying to defend them saying its not a con you will get them and powergen was going to do a next day delivery matching bimbls prices.

I guess if you buy the solar stuff at this time of year its in high demand.

I would suggest that Bimble (now that could be an extremely pertinant choice of company name!!) are probably selling stock that they have not yet received from their suppliers - hence a delay that they cannot control.

There's two ways of looking at this - either:

They are so successful that their suppliers cannot keep up with demand.

OR

They do not have sufficient funds to buy the goods they need to stay in stock!

I would suggest that Bimble (now that could be an extremely pertinant choice of company name!!) are probably selling stock that they have not yet received from their suppliers - hence a delay that they cannot control.

Yup, this is exactly what Mike at Bimble told Dave.....his Scandinavian supplier has fallen behind and he is still waiting for his next shipment. So, in effect they are taking money for products they don't have in stock to sell.

Although, I have no real opinion if this practice is ethical or not, I would suggest their web site should simply say "currently out of stock", rather than quoting a 2-3 week delay and when they receive their stock remove the "currently out of stock" from the web site.

Yup, this is exactly what Mike at Bimble told Dave.....his Scandinavian supplier has fallen behind and he is still waiting for his next shipment. So, in effect they are taking money for products they don't have in stock to sell.

Although, I have no real opinion if this practice is ethical or not, I would suggest their web site should simply say "currently out of stock", rather than quoting a 2-3 week delay and when they receive their stock remove the "currently out of stock" from the web site.

Agreed, they are effectively a good company selling solar equipment at a reasonable price, clearly though selling more than they actually have. My business is in Dorset, so when I buy stuff I'll arrange to collect as it's only a few miles away from our depot.

They really need to sort out their stock & delivery times, if they keep pissing customers off they'll just lose business.

Never used them but I have to say I would be slightly nervous about a company that encouraged you to pay by bank transfer rather than debit card. We recently got a card machine at the gliding club and a debit card transaction costs 20p regardless of the amount, 30p if mail order (card holder not present). So why get us to pay by bank transfer, giving a large discount, to save 20p? Well with a card, there is relatively easy comeback for failure to supply the goods etc. With a bank transfer, once you have made it you have a cat in hell's chance of getting your money back if Bimble don't want to play ball.

Never used them but I have to say I would be slightly nervous about a company that encouraged you to pay by bank transfer rather than debit card. We recently got a card machine at the gliding club and a debit card transaction costs 20p regardless of the amount, 30p if mail order (card holder not present). So why get us to pay by bank transfer, giving a large discount, to save 20p? Well with a card, there is relatively easy comeback for failure to supply the goods etc. With a bank transfer, once you have made it you have a cat in hell's chance of getting your money back if Bimble don't want to play ball.

They offer a 5% discount on bank transfer as it avoids paying credit card companies a percentage fee. You can purchase from them by C/C if you wan't though.

We've been offered credit card payment machines, but never ever offered a fixed price, only a percentage. It's not worth us going that route as we simply don't do many transactions. Most of our customers now bay by bank transfer BACS it's instant and free.

They offer a 5% discount on bank transfer as it avoids paying credit card companies a percentage fee. You can purchase from them by C/C if you wan't though.

We've been offered credit card payment machines, but never ever offered a fixed price, only a percentage. It's not worth us going that route as we simply don't do many transactions. Most of our customers now bay by bank transfer BACS it's instant and free.

Yes credit cards are a fixed percentage transaction, 1.5% for us. Debit cards however are a fixed fee, 20p for us. Extra 10p and 0.25% for telephone orders. So the incentive to pay by BACS far outweighs the costs of a debit, or even a credit card to Bimble. That just makes me a bit suspicious! Edited by nicknorman

When I paid I paid a company called Duke Entertainment Ltd and did a google search on them and that company is registered on a street about 1/2 a mile from me in Leeds.

I will be going there 1st to see what the score is but I think me and Bettie Boo will have them next week so the courier says.

If I had been waiting 7 weeks for them I would be very pissed off.

Edited by leeco

When I paid I paid a company called Duke Entertainment Ltd and did a google search on them and that company is registered on a street about 1/2 a mile from me in Leeds.

Sounds super-dodgy to me! The trouble with registered company addresses is that there is not necessarily anybody from the company actually there, it might for example be their accountants' or solicitor's address.

I will be going there 1st to see what the score is but I think me and Bettie Boo will have them next week so the courier says.

If I had been waiting 7 weeks for them I would be very pissed off.

If you look at their website it says

Duke Entertainment Ltd. Registered Address: Copthall, PO Box 2331, Roseau 00152, Dominica. Reg Company no: 9675

Just received our 3rd 165W Isofoton panel - ordered last Sunday night, delivered yesterday (Thursday): a four working day turn round.

We had a small problem with the first order because I made a typo in entering my details - and the controller was delivered by a different courier to the panels, so it came at a different time, but otherwise my experiences have involved none of the problems that others have cited.

My problems have been with getting the stuff fitted...

Roger

PS I happily paid by bank transfer.

R

Edited by MyLady

I got my stuff yesterday and I would buy from them again but will be talking to Mike 1st as I know people who want solar stuff so I might be a good customer for them but 3 - 4 weeks is no good to get the stuff.

Just to add that if that guy is on here in that blue wide beam who got his stuff from bimble who's at Rodley that as talking to I will have quite a lot of 6mm2 wire left and will sort you out if you need it as I ordered way too much of the stuff.

Edited by leeco

I spent nearly a grand with them in March. It came in 3 deliveries - 2 panels (courier said they forgot to load the other 2), then the other 2 a week later.

They did find and come to the mooring though - panels way too big for our car so we had to be sure they could do this.

The controller and other bits went to another courier that ignored our instructions to ring me (no doorbell at gate of moorings, obviously). Ended up driving to the far end of Docklands to collect it.

Yes I would order from them again, sounds like demand is very high though. So I might wait til winter. Everyone I know who has panels or wants them seems to use Bimble and everyone seems to be getting panels too.

Very pleased with everything we got, especially the controller - now, when out cruising in summer (as we are now), we are behaving as if on shore power, getting all the energy we need. We are only running the engine to move the boat.