Novel use for a K2 - as a backing instrument

koukouvagia

Featured Posts

This musician was at the Stoke Bruerne Family Weekend. He's collecting recordings of vintage engines and accompanying them with with his accordion. Apparently when he's collected enough examples he's going to issue a CD.

This musician was at the Stoke Bruerne Family Weekend. He's collecting recordings of vintage engines and accompanying them with with his accordion. Apparently when he's collected enough examples he's going to issue a CD.

For the love of god. Think of the children,wont someone please think of the children.ohmy.png

• Greenie 1

Done something similar myself, a circus show based around Ellenroad Steam engine ( slightly somewhat bigger than would fit in a narrowboat) using video back projection, they had a small engine that had a wonderful rhythm. I did a staff twirling piece - big foam balls on the ends of the staff, representing the governor balls on the engine.

Sorry to be picky but I it's a melodeon as it has buttons. An accordion has keys like a piano

Ah, but a Melodeon is also known as a "Button Accordion".

(I didn't know any of this stuff until herself bought one!).

Ah! But what the OP won't tell you is that at Braunston a young boy was shown inside the engine room of OWL. When asked what sort of engine it was, the lad quickly said GARDNER.

Obviously mistaking that Kelvin thingy for an item of quality.smile.png

George ex nb Alton retired

Sorry to be picky but I it's a melodeon as it has buttons. An accordion has keys like a piano

Ah, but a Melodeon is also known as a "Button Accordion".

(I didn't know any of this stuff until herself bought one!).

Well who is right and who is wrong? Well both of you on both counts. whilst a Melodeon is generically a member of the Accordian family, in the UK it is a different instrument from the Button Accordian, Accordians play the same note in both directions, wheras Melodeons play a different note in each direction. Unisoronic or Bisonoric for the technically minded! single action or double action for the simple minded!!

Although a few rare keyboard/button examples do exist, Melodeons usually only have buttons. Accordians can be either all buttons, known as Button Accordians, or keyboard/buttons known as Piano Accordians.

Edited by David Schweizer

Ah! But what the OP won't tell you is that at Braunston a young boy was shown inside the engine room of OWL. When asked what sort of engine it was, the lad quickly said GARDNER.

Obviously mistaking that Kelvin thingy for an item of quality.:)

George ex nb Alton retired

Not as.good as.Stagedamager on here's 3 year old daughter, who withoit prompting said "Lister! It go bangbangbangbang!"

Well who is right and who is wrong? Well both of you on both counts. whilst a Melodian is generically a member of the Accordian family, in the UK it is a different instrument from the Button Accordian, Accordians play the same note in both directions, wheras Melodians play a different note in each direction. Unisoronic or Bisonoric for the technically minded! single action or double action for the simple minded!!

Although a few rare keyboard/button examples do exist, Melodians usually only have buttons. Accordians can be either all buttons, known as Button Accordians, or keyboard/buttons known as Piano Accordians.

And so to be even more picky - You are correct on the theory David, but they are on the spelling of melodeon...... A melodian is one of those little keyboards you blow into.

And so to be even more picky - You are correct on the theory David, but they are on the spelling of melodeon...... A melodian is one of those little keyboards you blow into.

Yes, I should have spotted that. Blame the spill chocker!!!

Spelling now corrected.

Edited by David Schweizer