All my Stock Stolen

Terence

Featured Posts

That is terrible news. I am very sorry to hear that Terrence.

I know having been burgled some years ago it can be very depressing experience but I hope you won't give up doing what you are so very good at doing and enjoy.

I get great pleasure from the pieces I have that you did for us.

I hope that they find the culprits but in anycase I hope you can overcome the loss of the items and regain your enthusiasm for the craft.

Just picked this up on Facebook please spread the word, whoever has done this must know what they have isn't "general goods"!!

"I've just had a text from Terence Edgar. All of his blank metal stock has been stolen from Braunston. Can everyone keep an eye out invade this turns up. Stuff taken includes: 10 x 2gal buckby, 15 x 3gal buckby, 40 x 1gal buckby, 3 x masthead lamp, 7 x horsenose tin, 20 x handbowl, 40 x small jug, 40 x tall jug, 10 x small milk churns."

How horrible. So upsetting and unsettling for you.

Somehow (and this will not feel like much consolation) it is so much better that the items were blank and you had not already put your soul into them by painting them Of course as blanks they are much easier to sell and less identifiable but it is just stock that is replaceable not your art.

Bon't let the b'stards get you down. you cannot let them win. That is said by someone who has experienced a break in to a business where tens of thousands of £££ worth of wanton vandalism was done to a lot of classic cars. I remember very plainly how sickened and saddened I was at the time but once you have got your breath back you will feel different.

I sincerely hope the police catch up with the culprit(s) very soon and justice is done

I hope you don't mind. I have taken the liberty of using your stock photo and sharing the details along with the police phone number and the crime number on Facebook. I have shared it in 10 boating groups asking other boaters to also share so hopefully the word will get around and of anyone gets offered anything on the cheap they might prick their ears up a little

• Greenie 1

Are you able to offer any clues as to the ID of your suspects, difficult I know and probably you can't due to legal stuff.

It's a bloody rotten thing to happen , hope the thieves are caught and you get your stuff back.

Don't give up painting, it's hard to start again if you stop for too long.

• Greenie 1

What a horrible thing to happen - we were burgled once and had some irreplaceable items stolen, my engagement ring in particular, so I know the anger and frustration.

Please don't let it discourage you from painting.

Are you able to offer any clues as to the ID of your suspects, difficult I know and probably you can't due to legal stuff.

It's a bloody rotten thing to happen , hope the thieves are caught and you get your stuff back.

Don't give up painting, it's hard to start again if you stop for too long.

We have our suspicions so can't really say much at the moment. will be meeting with the police at the property today and I'll post any more news I have later.

Could I just say thank you to everyone for all your comments and concerns. Along with Facebook and Twitter I have been a little overwelmed with the reponse. Thank you once again.

Terence

Terrence

Thankfully they didn't steal your art and can't steal your skill.

Just imagine how you would feel if they had been painted.

Not much consolation but do keep going..

It would be very unusual to be offered unpainted cans/bowls etc.so we should know if they come on the market.

We had someone steal a holiday off us. He was a forum member which was even sadder.

He was very plausible and because we were pre-occupied with our dying father in law we let his un-guaranteed cheque through and guess what - doingggggg.

I then did a email circular around APCO colleagues and he had been in touch with several holidays and had another freebie off one other company

We contacted the police who spoke to him but just this week a friend in the industry called to say he is at it again.

In a year where the industry saw its worst ever figures (2012) we just couldn't afford to lose £500 in this way.

These types, regrettably don't give a sh*t as they think anyone in business 'can afford it'

We have our suspicions so can't really say much at the moment. will be meeting with the police at the property today and I'll post any more news I have later.

Could I just say thank you to everyone for all your comments and concerns. Along with Facebook and Twitter I have been a little overwelmed with the reponse. Thank you once again.

Terence

Keep an eye on the relevant sections on Ebay Terence, and good luck - you will recover from this I am sure

A very sad day for me and has kind of put me off wanting to continue painting any more.

Many thanks to everyone.

Terence

We still have several fine items painted by you and would always return for more if the need arose. Don't even think about retiring from painting, otherwise Mrs Doorman will be dispatched on the next train to Braunston and you won't want to see her appearing at your door in a temper!

Mike

Edited by Doorman