All my Stock Stolen

Terence

Featured Posts

Hi all.

Hoping for a little help from everyone (Hope this is the right section of the forum for this).

Coming to the point, all of my stock has been stolen from our property in Braunston. 3, 2 and 1 gallon Buckby Cans (Water Cans), about 30 of the 1 gallon and about 10 each of the 2&3 gallon cans, 20 Hand bowls, 8 Horse Nose Tins, 40 Small Jugs, 40 Tall Jugs and 10-20 Small & Large Milk Cans. There was also Masthead lamps plus numerous other things. I have an idea who the culprit is but without proof.

If people could keep an ear to the ground and an eye open that would be great. I have contacted the police and the incident number is 289 (15-05-14) so if anyone is able to help simply contact myself on 07534316784 or contact Northamptonshire Police on 03000 111 222 quoting the reference number.

A very sad day for me and has kind of put me off wanting to continue painting any more.

Many thanks to everyone.

Terence

Edited by Terence

Really sorry to hear about this. Hope you get your property back very soon.

Could you post pictures on here and in various places? Facebook? It might help?

Well if he (or she) tries to sell them, they should be easy to recognise, they're not the sort of items which one finds on stalls at the average boot fair. Good luck with getting them back, it must be one hell of a shock for you.

Sorry to hear about this

Don't let it put you of something that you're good at and enjoy doing

I'm sure they'll turn up and hopefully you'll get them back

Set up some 'searches' on ebay with email notifications, keep you eye on the other second hand web sites (gum tree etc)

Might sound a daft question but, are the items painted or unpainted?

Really sorry about that Terence. We still love the can you painted for us so please don't let this glitch put you off permanently. He/she can steal your stock, but they can't steal your skill.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 1

Terence I've got two of your items and they get a lot of admiring comments. Don't give up cos one in a thousand is a wrong un thieving scummer.

Edited by mark99

That's horrible! And a load of stock. I presume the police know your suspicions? But I expect they will get passed elsewhere quickly. Get it out to as many people as possible, perhaps they will be found yet.

All the best, don't give up!

Bad news, I hope you were insured ?

I would say the lot will go for scrap, its too obvious to sell on, there is a website to report scrap metal thefts, probably worth a shot ?

I had a 75 kilo alternator nicked last year, I only left it outside for the courier too pick up, turned my back and it was gone.

Hi Terence,

Over the years,, I had several cars stolen or damaged, office broken into and printers stolen, along with associated damage and fear, and houses broken into. Even had an armed robbery on one occasion. Most shops have shutters these days - 25 years ago, shutters were unusual.

Each time something like this happens I felt like giving up, but you carry on and count it as a cost of doing business, and actually being alive. Sometimes Life is a Bitch, but mostly it isn't. Either way, eventually, you die. I tend to rationalise things by thinking that I must be so much better off than the scrotes that feel they have to do these kinds of things, that you can almost feel sorry for the *******s.

I don't know how much money is involved, but I'd suggest you beef up security, buy some more stock, and carry on.

Nil carborundum ..... And all that!

Good Luck!

Richard

• Greenie 1

That is really crap news Terence, its not the sort of thing you expect in Braunston. If we hear anything locally we will pass it on. I really hope that you reconsider your thoughts about stopping, the loss of your style of painting would be very sad.