Mooring near Bradford on Avon

owenk

Featured Posts

Have some friends heading down for a few days on the Kennet and Avon.

I have never been on this strech of canal but they have asked me where they might moor near Bradford on Avon with good access to pubs etc.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

I'm not a boater but a cyclist much of that stretch is actually on Google street view so you can have a virtual look so to speak see here http://goo.gl/maps/Y1oE5 48 hrs with pubs in easy reach or http://goo.gl/maps/HhiZk 24 hrs right opposite the Barge Inn, no idea which one is best but we use the Lock Inn not tried the others.

generally best mooring at bottom pound after lock top pound visitor moorings usually full of local hire fleets boats naughty

Why Naughty? Don't hire boat crews have as much right to use VMs as other users? Agree if you mean HIre Boats moored there between crews joining them though!

You can moor near Bradford on Avon ?!

I thought it was full wink.png

The Bradford to Bath stretch has got a lot of boats moored in it, but there is enough space for something like fifteen boats either side of Bradford lock, which is normally kept clear of long term moorers. You can usually get a space if you don't leave it too late,

After2pm and before 4 pm can usually get you a mooring. with luck . Bunny