MC Loncin generators

MtB

Featured Posts

I need a generator today to run my 1200w vacuum cleaner, occasional power tools and a battery charger, occasionally.

I'd quite like to just buy one today rather than do my usual stunt of spending six hundred hours researching and checking out the subject. For the little I've done this morning, either of the two generators on the Midland Chandlers website look just the job.

Does anyone here have any experience of this unknown brand? Here are the links:

http://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/Catalogue/ProductDetail/loncin-generator-1-8kw-lc2000i-?productID=65557e3b-1997-4546-85e0-d30ddf94daed&catalogueLevelItemID=92e60c70-8edd-471f-8585-3951a069f9c8

http://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/Catalogue/ProductDetail/loncin-generator-1-8kw-lc2000i-s-sync?productID=b8e3a02d-4377-40b8-ba07-331b9c94099f&catalogueLevelItemID=92e60c70-8edd-471f-8585-3951a069f9c8

All comments and advice most welcome!

Thanks

MtB

Tempted by this too, but had no idea where I might buy one this afternoon. I want it NOW!

Somewhere Oxford/Banbury/Braunston sort of way...?

MtB

Also a place at Stourbridge that does them.

If you collect and pay cash (i.e. buy outside ebay) the seller will save ebay fees, paypal fees, delivery fees. I'm sure you will be able to negotiate a discount that will more than cover the fuel costs.

Hi Mike

Loncin are a very big company and make engines for motorcycles and many other engines, I read somewhere the engines were Chinese, but they do generally seem to have a very good reputation for all sorts of applications.

Personally looking at this unit, and having owned a Kipor 2.6 I would sooner give this model a try than another Kipor given it's ball park the same price.

Thanks for all the comments!

I'm on the boat around Banbury and I just need to get one, now-ish. Speed is more important than price, but less important than not wasting my money on a total turkey!

So it looks like the Loncin from Midalnd Chandlers won't be a disaster, alhough not the cheapest. If they have one in stock. I'll report back later...

MtB

Thanks for all the comments!

I'm on the boat around Banbury and I just need to get one, now-ish. Speed is more important than price, but less important than not wasting my money on a total turkey!

So it looks like the Loncin from Midalnd Chandlers won't be a disaster, alhough not the cheapest. If they have one in stock. I'll report back later...

MtB

I don't think they sell petrol though.

So, have you taken the plunge Mike?

Yes, bought the last Loncin availble from Midland Chandlers at Braunston. £450 'clearance price' as they are changing over to flogging Kippers from now on!

Fired it up and thought I might be taking it back this morning as it smoked like a kipper. Even worse than my knackered £60 Chinese two stroke. But once it warmed up the exhaust cleared and became 100% invisible so looks like I'll be keeping it after all.

Briefly, it is disappointingly loud compared to a Honda, but then it was half the price. And it's bloody HUGE.

Does the job admirably though. Fair value for money at £450 but had I paid £585 normal price I'd be wishing I'd waited and got a Kipper...

MtB

• 2 months later...

Hi mike.

Three months down the road, how are you getting on with your Loncin?

I'm tempted to get a Kipor 2600, but also like the Hondas but can I justify the cost difference?

Martyn

I've used it very little but my comments above still stand.

You're welcome to come and have a close look and a play with it if you wish!

MtB

Ooh! Matron!!! Do you say that to all the boys?

I may well do if we touch base anywhere.

No money till end of April beginning of May though.

Martyn

It's ok I don't charge for just looking...

ninja.gif

MtB

(No touching my base though, mind!)

I see Midland still do the Loncin. Bit more than. You paid as well.

Martyn

Yeah I saw that too. I was in there last weekend and although when I bought mine, they told me it was their last one in stock before they switched to selling kippers, low and behold there was another one there on special offer!

Might be worth calling them to see if they are still doing the discount in store rather than the website price.

MtB