Winter Moorings, how many paid for them last year

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

I'm confused

And my confusion begins here:-

for the coming winter, we’re planning on offering just two types of permit – one for central London and the other for the rest of the country.

Winter 2013/14 detailed plans

Three different types of winter mooring permit:

• Central London (Kensal Green to Victoria Park)
  • Selected Visitor Moorings
  • General Towpath

In the first sentence it says there are two types of permit but it immediately goes on to list three types of permit.

Next.....it seems as though these arrangements are concerned primarily with continuous cruisers but what about me. I took a mooring for the summer in one place so I am not a continuous cruiser by any means, but what if I want to be somewhere else for the winter? Do these arrangements apply to me?

Next.....people wanting a winter mooring must register for one by 1st July - but when were these arrangements announced - was it before 1st July

Next.....It is not guaranteed to freeze this winter. If it doesn't freeze continuous cruisers won't need a winter mooring. These arrangements seem to say that ccers need to buy a winter mooring even if they might not need it. What am I not understanding here?

I'm confused

And my confusion begins here:-

In the first sentence it says there are two types of permit but it immediately goes on to list three types of permit.

Next.....it seems as though these arrangements are concerned primarily with continuous cruisers but what about me. I took a mooring for the summer in one place so I am not a continuous cruiser by any means, but what if I want to be somewhere else for the winter? Do these arrangements apply to me?

Next.....people wanting a winter mooring must register for one by 1st July - but when were these arrangements announced - was it before 1st July

Next.....It is not guaranteed to freeze this winter. If it doesn't freeze continuous cruisers won't need a winter mooring. These arrangements seem to say that ccers need to buy a winter mooring even if they might not need it. What am I not understanding here?

I think they mean there are 2 types

1. london, with it's own areas and booking rules

2. Other

2a - specific VMs

2b - anywhere else (not london)

But it's such a piss poor bit of communication it's hard to tell.

No you wont - they are only available to those with no home moorings

You have to be registered as CC (not registered on the booking site) at 1 June

It's all a bit complicated & over engineered - designed to screw ££ out of CCers because they can

I think they mean there are 2 types

1. london, with it's own areas and booking rules

2. Other

2a - specific VMs

2b - anywhere else (not london)

But it's such a piss poor bit of communication it's hard to tell.

No you wont - they are only available to those with no home moorings

You have to be registered as CC (not registered on the booking site) at 1 June

It's all a bit complicated & over engineered - designed to screw ££ out of CCers because they can

Thanks LW. I must confess that once the confusion started making sense of the rest got harder and harder - just got more confused. You made better sense of it than me.

Thanks LW. I must confess that once the confusion started making sense of the rest got harder and harder - just got more confused. You made better sense of it than me.

I had to read some bits 3 times - it is very poorly written

But it aug/sept now.

Yes, they dont want peeps with a home mooring to get them. ie they dont want peeps to give up a marina mooring & get a cheap Winter Mooring - no doubt due to pressure from the Yacht Harbour Association etc

they do say that new (since June) licence holders with no home mooring can have one