PRM gearbox control synchronisation

Featured Posts

I have a PRM150 gearbox controlled by a Teleflex 700SS. Having had a gear cable break and replaced, the gear level arm is now very hard up against the stops. The workshop manual states:

caution.jpg

With 38mm travel on the Teleflex control this is impossible to achieve, it hits the stops, and did knock it out once. Calculations suggest that the 31mm travel setting at the Teleflex end would not give enough travel.

Has anyone got a similar set up and which holes are used on the control lever and gearbox operating lever? Any advice would be appreciated.

035s.jpg

I have a PRM150 gearbox controlled by a Teleflex 700SS. Having had a gear cable break and replaced, the gear level arm is now very hard up against the stops. The workshop manual states:
caution.jpg
With 38mm travel on the Teleflex control this is impossible to achieve, it hits the stops, and did knock it out once. Calculations suggest that the 31mm travel setting at the Teleflex end would not give enough travel.
Has anyone got a similar set up and which holes are used on the control lever and gearbox operating lever? Any advice would be appreciated.
035s.jpg

Well presumably it worked properly in both fore and reverse with the correct throw with the old cable before it broke, so there simply MUST be the correct appropriate adjustment holes at the boxes lever end and or the hand control lever end.

That's what concerns me.

I when fitting my Lister hydraulic box up to my ancient Morse control with the Teleflex control cable had to actually extend the gearboxes operating lever by about a half inch with a higher hole in it to get the correct sweep movement. It looks like you might have to drill a hole about midway between the two holes on your gearbox lever. Are you certain there's not an appropriate hole up at the hand control lever end though?

Thank you Tony and Blizzard. I've moved the cable trunnion to the inner hole on the control end. There is now 1.2mm clearance from the stop each way which according to PRM is adequate. I wasn't happy once the RCR engineer changed the cable, and the two subsequent RCR engineers couldn't resolve the problem either. Happy to have it sorted now.

006sc.jpg

008sc.jpg