Trojan T105 and Battery Megastore

bowten

Featured Posts

I did the same 18 months ago. They gave the best price but do negotiate as you are buying 4, you might get a bit more off.

Delivery was not quite as quick as promised, took about a week.

First set of batteries I've had that have lasted more than a year. Still charging to close to full specific gravity!

............Dave

I have used and installed these for many years and dont doubt there quality, I have recently been given a tempting price for a yuasa/varta equivelant for less than £90.00 each if i purchase 4 pm if you require details regards Martin

I will be purchasing 4 Trojan T105s soon, possibly from this company,Battery Megastore.Unless any of you know better.

You'll find that Tayna and Battery Megastore are within pennies of each other on their published price (including carriage)

If you negotiate with both, and go for the lower, you'll probably get the best that's available in the market.....

I phoned to ask if I could collect 4 x T105s on Thursday. They confirmed in stock so I drove over from Newbury and when I arrived there were my new batteries on a pallet and ready to collect. I got a generous discount for collecting and the guy who served me was very enthusiastic about them. Altogether a pleasure dealing with them.

Are these Trojan T105's 4 x 6v x 225Ah batteries better than the usual type of 4 x12v batteries of around 110Ah.

Are they a more compact size or just quality batteries?

Edited by Higgs

the latter

But you have to treat them right. They are excellent with solar power and they like a good 14.7V up 'em.

But they will do far more cycles to a far higher DOD than cheapo leisure batteries.

And don't work out that much more expensive.

Will bear them in mind, but the next purchase is a good charger.

Will bear them in mind, but the next purchase is a good charger.

As Chris Pink says, the Trojan T-105's have a much great cycle rate (and lower DoD than ordinary leisure battery's

I've been pricing up both types, and have calculated as the cost per Ah (to make the figures even more telling one could then calculate for cycle rate too - - but this would be best done with your own normal DoD,

(for example, I rarely let my batteries get below 75% but I am aware that some folk regularly drop theirs to nearer 50%)

Trojans T-105 (225Ah @ 6v) work out at £1.04 per Ah (12v)

Numax CXV31MF (110Ah @ 12v) cost about £0.72 per Ah

As Trojan declare at least double the number of cycles - they work out substantially cheaper in the long run.

Edited for spelllling

Edited by Grace & Favour

As Chris Pink says, the Trojan T-105's have a much great cycle rate (and lower DoD than ordinary leisure battery's

I've been pricing up both types, and have calculated as the cost per Ah (to make the figures even more telling one could then calculate for cycle rate too - - but this would be best done with your own normal DoD,

(for example, I rarely let my batteries get below 75% but I am aware that some folk regularly drop theirs to nearer 50%)

Trojans T-105 (225Ah @ 6v) work out at £1.04 per Ah (12v)

Numax CXV31MF (110Ah @ 12v) cost about £0.72 per Ah

As Trojan declare at least double the number of cycles - they work out substantially cheaper in the long run.

They sound tempting, but I'm a philistine with batteries and I bet I could kill em really quick. My present stock contains 2 good batteries and was looking for a sound battery charger that I could leave unattended, assured it wouldn't set the boat on fire. Normally I switch off and shut down everything before I leave the boat.

I think, when fitted, I would be prepared to leave the panels and wind generator charging, but I'm a little reluctant with mains stuff.

They sound tempting, but I'm a philistine with batteries and I bet I could kill em really quick. My present stock contains 2 good batteries and was looking for a sound battery charger that I could leave unattended, assured it wouldn't set the boat on fire. Normally I switch off and shut down everything before I leave the boat.

I think, when fitted, I would be prepared to leave the panels and wind generator charging, but I'm a little reluctant with mains stuff.

go solar........ it's brill

I phoned to ask if I could collect 4 x T105s on Thursday. They confirmed in stock so I drove over from Newbury and when I arrived there were my new batteries on a pallet and ready to collect. I got a generous discount for collecting and the guy who served me was very enthusiastic about them. Altogether a pleasure dealing with them.

Was this Tayna or Battery megastore?

I have some "leisure batteries" at the moment and they were adequate for when I was on a landline,however we are now CCing.I have been using a 175amp alternator and the 3.5kw Travel Pack through a 70 amp Victron charger.I have recently disconnected the alternator and I am just using the 70amp charger.The charging regime with both alternator and charger was making the batteries overheat.I think the result of using both at the same time as killed these batteries.

We got the same Trojans from Tanya last year, very happy with their service and the batteries so far. We do charge them at 14.8v when using the genny/charger in the winter and solar takes care of things most of the time during the summer.

Went to Abergele,Tayna's place,picked up 4 Trojan T105s (450amp)and replaced my old batteries the same day.The wiring connections for these batteries are simple and very tidy(6volt series/parallel).I have disconnected the 175amp alternator and I am just using the travel pack and Victron inverter/70amp charger which I think will prolong their life.Thanks to all for assistance and Smiley Pete for the wiring diagram.

Edited by bowten

Went to Abergele,Tayna's place,picked up 4 Trojan T105s (450amp)and replaced my old batteries the same day.The wiring connections for these batteries are simple and very tidy(6volt series/parallel).I have disconnected the 175amp alternator and I am just using the travel pack and Victron inverter/70amp charger which I think will prolong their life.Thanks to all for assistance and Smiley Pete for the wiring diagram.

Disconnecting the alternator wires and running the engine can blow it. Its best remove its drive belt Ian.

For a competative Quote on T105 equivalant very similar specs try ray@supac.co.uk just been quoted £81.00 each that price i find amazing, may very well be worth checking out other sizes regards Martin

Hi Ian,

Do you have the charge voltage set for 14.8v ? The spec states thats the required voltage for these. I charged mine with a genny / charger at that voltage last winter and didnt need to top them up at all.

Les

Hi Ian,

Do you have the charge voltage set for 14.8v ? The spec states thats the required voltage for these. I charged mine with a genny / charger at that voltage last winter and didnt need to top them up at all.

Les

Have Victron Inverter/charger will look at the manual to see how I can charge at 14.8v.Cheers Les.